- How is adrenal cancer treated?
- Surgery for adrenal cancer
- Radiation therapy for adrenal cancer
- Chemotherapy for adrenal cancer
- Other drugs used to treat adrenal cancer
- Clinical trials in adrenal cancer
- Complementary and alternative therapy for adrenal cancer
- Treating adrenal cancer by stage
- More treatment information about adrenal cancer
How is adrenal cancer treated?
General treatment information
After the cancer is diagnosed, your doctor will discuss your treatment options with you. It is important to take time and think about all of the choices. In choosing a treatment plan, factors to consider include your overall physical health and the stage of the cancer. Sometimes it is a good idea to get a second opinion. A second opinion can provide more information and help you feel more confident about the treatment plan that is chosen. Another reason for people with adrenal cortical cancer to get a second opinion is that, because these cancers are so rare, only large cancer centers will have much experience in treating them.
The main types of treatment for adrenal cancer are:
In some cases, more than one type of treatment is needed. The next few sections describe the types of treatment used for adrenal cancers. This is followed by a discussion of when these treatments are used in different situations.
Last Medical Review: 11/07/2012
Last Revised: 01/17/2013