What are some questions I can ask my doctor?
As you cope with cancer, we encourage you to have honest, open talks with your doctor. Feel free to ask any question that's on your mind, no matter how small it might seem. Here are some questions you might want to ask. Be sure to add your own questions as you think of them. Nurses, social workers, and other members of the treatment team may also be able to answer many of your questions.
- Do I have an adrenal gland tumor? Is it cancer?
- Has my cancer spread beyond the adrenal gland?
- Is my tumor making large amounts of hormones?
- How do we treat the excess hormones?
- Are the changes to my body permanent?
- How do we treat these changes?
- Does my cancer affect any other organs?
- What treatment choices do I have?
- What side effects can I expect from treatment?
- What are the other risks of treatment?
- What should I do to be ready for treatment?
- What is the goal of this treatment?
- How long will it take me to recover from treatment?
- When can I go back to work after treatment?
- Do I need a second opinion?
- What are the chances that my cancer will come back?
- Based on what you've learned about my cancer, will it shorten my life?
Add your own questions below:
Last Medical Review: 04/22/2010
Last Revised: 06/22/2010