Whether you (or a loved one) are worried about developing anal cancer, have just been diagnosed, are going through treatment, or are trying to stay well after treatment, this detailed guide can help you find the answers you need. Click on the topics below to get started.
What Is Anal Cancer?
Causes, Risk Factors, and Prevention
- What are the risk factors for anal cancer?
- Do we know what causes anal cancer?
- Can anal cancer be prevented?
Early Detection, Diagnosis, and Staging
- Can anal cancer be found early?
- Signs and symptoms of anal cancer
- How is anal cancer diagnosed?
- How is anal cancer staged?
- Survival rates, by stage of anal cancer
Treating Anal Cancer
- How is anal cancer treated?
- Surgery for anal cancer
- Radiation therapy for anal cancer
- Chemotherapy for anal cancer
- Clinical trials for anal cancer
- Complementary and alternative therapies for anal cancer
- Treatment of anal cancer, by stage
- More treatment information about anal cancer
Talking With Your Doctor
- What happens after treatment for anal cancer?
- Lifestyle changes after treatment for anal cancer
- Can I lower the risk of my anal cancer progressing or coming back?
- How might having anal cancer affect your emotional health?
- If treatment for anal cancer stops working