As you cope with cancer and cancer treatment, we encourage you to have honest, open talks with your doctor. Feel free to ask any question that's on your mind, no matter how small it might seem. Here are some questions you might want to ask. Be sure to add your own questions as you think of them. Nurses, social workers, and other members of the treatment team may also be able to answer many of your questions.
- Would you please write down the exact type of cancer I have?
- Has the cancer spread beyond the bone where it started?
- What is the stage of my cancer and what does that mean in my case?
- What treatment choices do I have?
- What do you suggest and why?
- What is the goal of this treatment?
- What are the risks or side effects that I should expect?
- What are the chances of the cancer coming back after treatment?
- What should I do to be ready for treatment?
- Based on what you've learned about my cancer, how long do you think I'll survive?
- How long might it take me to recover?
- What kind of rehabilitation should I expect?
Add your own questions below:
Last Revised: 01/24/2013