Treating Bone Cancer TOPICS
- How is bone cancer treated?
- Surgery for bone cancer
- Radiation therapy for bone cancer
- Chemotherapy for bone cancer
- Targeted therapy for bone cancer
- Clinical trials for bone cancer
- Complementary and alternative therapies for bone cancer
- Treating specific bone cancers
- More treatment information about bone cancer
How is bone cancer treated?
General treatment information
The main types of treatment for bone cancer are:
Often, more than one type of treatment is used. For information about some of the most common approaches used based on the extent of the disease, see the section “Treating specific bone cancers.”
Last Medical Review: 11/29/2012
Last Revised: 06/13/2013