- How is bone cancer treated?
- Surgery for bone cancer
- Radiation therapy for bone cancer
- Chemotherapy for bone cancer
- Targeted therapy for bone cancer
- Clinical trials for bone cancer
- Complementary and alternative therapies for bone cancer
- Treating specific bone cancers
- More treatment information about bone cancer
More treatment information about bone cancer
For more details on treatment options − including some that may not be addressed in this document − the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) and the National Cancer Institute (NCI) are good sources of information.
The NCCN, made up of experts from many of the nation’s leading cancer centers, develops cancer treatment guidelines for doctors to use when treating patients. Those are available on the NCCN website (www.nccn.org).
The NCI provides treatment guidelines by telephone (1-800-4-CANCER) and on its website (www.cancer.gov). Detailed guidelines intended for use by cancer care professionals are also available on www.cancer.gov.
Last Medical Review: 03/21/2014
Last Revised: 04/21/2014