Breast Cancer Prevention and Early Detection
Learn about the factors that may affect your risk for breast cancer, and find out what you can do to help detect breast cancer early, when it is likely to be most easily treated. Click on the topics below to get started.
- What is breast cancer
- What are the risk factors for breast cancer?
- Breast cancer risk factors you cannot change
- Lifestyle-related risk factors for breast cancer
- Factors with unclear effects on breast cancer risk
- Disproven or controversial breast cancer risk factors
- Can breast cancer be prevented?
- Signs and symptoms of breast cancer
- American Cancer Society recommendations for early breast cancer detection in women without breast symptoms
- Paying for breast cancer screening
- References: Breast cancer prevention and early detection