- What is breast reconstruction?
- New choices in breast cancer surgery and reconstruction
- Types of breast reconstruction
- Nipple and areola reconstruction
- Choosing your plastic surgeon for breast reconstruction
- Before breast reconstruction surgery
- After breast reconstruction surgery
- Can breast reconstruction hide cancer, or make it come back?
- Our Reach To Recovery program
- To learn more
Our Reach To Recovery program
Reach To Recovery is an American Cancer Society volunteer visitation program. Breast cancer survivors are trained to respond to you and your family’s concerns when you face the diagnosis, treatment, and effects of breast cancer.
In many locations, trained Reach To Recovery volunteer visitors who have had breast reconstruction can visit with you if you are thinking about this type of surgery. These visits are always free of charge.
To request a Reach To Recovery visit, ask your doctor or nurse for a referral, call us, or use the “Contact Us” button at www.cancer.org.
Last Medical Review: 06/12/2013
Last Revised: 06/12/2013