- Moving on after treatment for breast cancer
- Lymphedema after breast cancer treatment
- Quality of life after breast cancer treatment
- Emotional aspects of breast cancer
- Body image after breast cancer treatment
- Sexuality after breast cancer
- Pregnancy after breast cancer
- Post-menopausal hormone treatment after breast cancer
- Seeing a new doctor after breast cancer treatment
- Lifestyle changes after breast cancer treatment
- If treatment for breast cancer stops working
Quality of life after breast cancer treatment
Women who have had treatment for breast cancer should know that they can have a normal quality of life after treatment is over. Many studies have proven this. But women who have had chemo may notice a slight decrease in certain areas of function.
Some studies suggest that younger women tend to have more problems with the stresses of breast cancer and its treatment. Some feel isolated. Also, chemotherapy (chemo) may cause early menopause which needs to be managed. There may be sexual problems, too. These women might benefit from counseling and support groups directed at younger breast cancer survivors.
Last Medical Review: 09/04/2012
Last Revised: 02/22/2013