Genetic Testing: What You Need to Know
Genetic testing can be useful for people with certain types of cancer that seem to run in their families, but these tests aren't recommended for everyone. Here we offer basic information to help you understand what genetic testing is and how it is used in cancer. Click on the topics below to get started.
- Genetic Testing:What You Need to Know
- Who should have genetic testing?
- Who pays for genetic testing?
- What happens during genetic testing?
- What if genetic testing shows an increased risk of getting cancer?
- What are the benefits of genetic testing?
- Do all health professionals know about genetic testing?
- What is the future of genetic testing?
- To learn more