Guide to Quitting Smokeless Tobacco
- What do I need to know about quitting?
- Why is it so hard to quit smokeless tobacco?
- How does smokeless tobacco affect your health?
- Other reasons to quit smokeless tobacco
- What are the immediate rewards of quitting smokeless tobacco?
- Getting help with the mental part of addiction to smokeless tobacco
- Getting help with the physical part of addiction to smokeless tobacco
- Other ways to quit smokeless tobacco
- A word about success rates for quitting smokeless tobacco
- Steps for long term success
- Making the decision to quit smokeless tobacco
- Setting a date and making a plan to quit smokeless tobacco
- Dealing with smokeless tobacco withdrawal
- Staying tobacco-free
- Special concerns after quitting smokeless tobacco
- To learn more
Steps for long term success
Tobacco users often say, “Don’t tell me why to quit, tell me how.” There’s no one right way to quit, but there are some things that can help you quit for good. The 4 key factors are:
Last Medical Review: 02/20/2014
Last Revised: 02/20/2014