Cervical Cancer Prevention and Early Detection
Get information on cervical cancer, including the causes and risk factors. Learn about the tests that can help detect it early and possibly even help prevent it from developing. Click on the topics below to get started.
- What is cervical cancer?
- What are the risk factors for cervical cancer?
- Signs and symptoms of cervical cancer
- Can cervical cancer be prevented?
- The American Cancer Society guidelines for the prevention and early detection of cervical cancer
- The HPV DNA test
- The Pap (Papanicolaou) test
- Work-up of abnormal Pap test results
- How women with abnormal Pap test results or pre-cancers are treated
- Cervical cancer prevention and screening: Financial issues
- Additional resources