More information from your American Cancer Society
We have a lot more information that you might find helpful. Explore www.cancer.org or call our National Cancer Information Center toll-free number, 1-800-227-2345. We’re here to help you any time, day or night.
Other national organizations and websites*
Along with the American Cancer Society, other sources of information and support include:
American College of Gastroenterology
American Gastroenterological Association
American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
C3: Colorectal Cancer Coalition
Toll-free number: 1-877-427-2111 (1-877-4CRC-111)
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Toll-free number: 1-800-633-4227 (1-800-MEDICARE)
Colon Cancer Alliance
Toll-free number: 1-877-422-2030
National Colorectal Cancer Research Alliance
No matter who you are, we can help. Contact us anytime, day or night, for information and support. Call us at 1-800-227-2345 or visit www.cancer.org.
Last Medical Review: January 27, 2016 Last Revised: June 24, 2016
- What Is Colorectal Cancer?
- Importance of Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Colorectal Cancer Risk Factors
- Can Colorectal Cancer Be Prevented?
- Genetic Testing, Screening, and Prevention for People with a Strong Family History of Colorectal Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer Screening Tests
- American Cancer Society Recommendations for Colorectal Cancer Early Detection
- Colorectal Cancer Screening: Insurance Coverage
- Additional resources
- References: Colorectal Cancer Prevention and Early Detection