- How is colorectal cancer treated?
- Surgery for colorectal cancer
- Radiation therapy for colorectal cancer
- Chemotherapy for colorectal cancer
- Targeted therapies for colorectal cancer
- Clinical trials for colorectal cancer
- Complementary and alternative therapies for colorectal cancer
- Treatment by stage of colon cancer
- Treatment by stage of rectal cancer
- More treatment information about colorectal cancer
More treatment information about colorectal cancer
For more details on treatment options − including some that may not be addressed in this document − the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) and the National Cancer Institute (NCI) are good sources of information.
The NCCN, made up of experts from many of the nation's leading cancer centers, develops cancer treatment guidelines for doctors to use when treating patients. Those are available on the NCCN website (www.nccn.org).
The NCI provides treatment guidelines via its telephone information center (1-800-4-CANCER) and its website (www.cancer.gov). Detailed guidelines intended for use by cancer care professionals are also available on www.cancer.gov
Last Medical Review: 07/30/2013
Last Revised: 07/30/2013