- How is gestational trophoblastic disease treated?
- Surgery for gestational trophoblastic disease
- Chemotherapy for gestational trophoblastic disease
- Radiation therapy for gestational trophoblastic disease
- Clinical trials for gestational trophoblastic disease
- Complementary and alternative therapies for gestational trophoblastic disease
- Treatment of gestational trophoblastic disease by type and stage
- More treatment information about gestational trophoblastic disease
Clinical trials for gestational trophoblastic disease
You may have had to make a lot of decisions since you've been told you have cancer. One of the most important decisions you will make is choosing which treatment is best for you. You may have heard about clinical trials being done for your type of cancer. Or maybe someone on your health care team has mentioned a clinical trial to you.
Clinical trials are carefully controlled research studies that are done with patients who volunteer for them. They are done to get a closer look at promising new treatments or procedures.
If you would like to take part in a clinical trial, you should start by asking your doctor if your clinic or hospital conducts clinical trials. You can also call our clinical trials matching service for a list of clinical trials that meet your medical needs. You can reach this service at 1-800-303-5691 or on our website at www.cancer.org/clinicaltrials. You can also get a list of current clinical trials by calling the National Cancer Institute's Cancer Information Service toll-free at 1-800-4-CANCER (1-800-422-6237) or by visiting the NCI clinical trials website at www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials.
There are requirements you must meet to take part in any clinical trial. If you do qualify for a clinical trial, it is up to you whether or not to enter (enroll in) it.
Clinical trials are one way to get state-of-the art cancer treatment. They are the only way for doctors to learn better methods to treat cancer. Still, they are not right for everyone.
Last Medical Review: 02/06/2014
Last Revised: 03/03/2014