What are some questions I can ask my doctor about chronic myeloid leukemia?
As you cope with cancer and cancer treatment, you need to have honest, open talks with your doctor. Feel free to ask any question that's on your mind, no matter how small it might seem. Here are some questions you might want to ask. Be sure to add your own questions as you think of them. Nurses, social workers, and other members of the treatment team may also be able to answer many of your questions.
- What phase is my chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) in?
- What are my treatment choices?
- Which treatment do you recommend, and why?
- What side effects are there to the treatments you recommend?
- What can I do to be ready for treatment?
- How often will you test my blood or bone marrow to see how my treatment is working?
- Should we think about a stem cell transplant at this time?
- What are the chances that the leukemia will come back once I am in remission?
Add your own questions below:
Last Medical Review: 08/13/2013
Last Revised: 08/13/2013