- What is lung cancer?
- What are the risk factors for lung cancer?
- Do we know what causes lung cancer?
- Can lung cancer be prevented?
- Can lung cancer be found early?
- American Cancer Society guidelines for lung cancer screening
- Signs and symptoms of lung cancer
- Exams and tests to look for lung cancer
- Additional resources for lung cancer prevention and early detection
- References: Lung cancer prevention and early detection
References: Lung cancer prevention and early detection
American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts & Figures 2014. Atlanta, Ga: American Cancer Society; 2014.
American Cancer Society. Lung Cancer (Non-Small Cell) Detailed Guide. 2014.
American Cancer Society. Lung Cancer (Small Cell) Detailed Guide. 2014.
National Comprehensive Cancer Network. NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology: Lung Cancer Screening. V.1.2015. Accessed at www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/lung_screening.pdf on August 22, 2014.
Pinsky PF, Church TR, Izmirlian G, Kramer BS. The National Lung Screening Trial: results stratified by demographics, smoking history, and lung cancer histology. Cancer. 2013 Nov 15;119(22):3976-83. Epub 2013 Aug 26.
Last Medical Review: 08/22/2014
Last Revised: 02/06/2015