- How is malignant mesothelioma treated?
- Surgery for malignant mesothelioma
- Radiation therapy for malignant mesothelioma
- Chemotherapy for malignant mesothelioma
- Clinical trials for malignant mesothelioma
- Complementary and alternative therapies for malignant mesothelioma
- Treatment of mesothelioma based on the extent of the cancer
- More treatment information for malignant mesothelioma
More treatment information for malignant mesothelioma
For more details on treatment options – including some that may not be addressed in this document – the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) are good sources of information.
The NCI provides treatment guidelines via its telephone information center (1-800-4-CANCER) and its Web site (www.cancer.gov). Detailed guidelines intended for use by cancer care professionals are also available on www.cancer.gov.
The NCCN, made up of experts from many of the nation's leading cancer centers, develops cancer treatment guidelines for doctors to use when treating patients. These are available on the NCCN Web site (www.nccn.org).
Last Medical Review: 09/20/2012
Last Revised: 09/20/2012