Talking With Your Doctor TOPICS
What should you ask your doctor about myelodysplastic syndromes?
It is important to have frank, open, and honest discussions with your doctor about your condition. Your doctor and the rest of the health care team want to answer all of your questions. For instance, consider these questions:
- What type of myelodysplastic syndrome do I have?
- What is my prognostic score?
- What treatment choices do I have?
- Which treatment, if any, do you recommend, and why?
- What are the side effects of the treatments that you recommend?
- How can I help reduce the side effects I may have from the treatment?
- What is the outlook for my survival?
- Should I get a second opinion, and can you recommend an expert in this field?
Last Medical Review: 02/10/2014
Last Revised: 07/02/2015