What are some questions I can ask my doctor about myelodysplastic syndrome?
We encourage you to have honest, open discussions with your doctor about your condition. Feel free to ask any question that's on your mind, no matter how small it might seem. Here are some questions you might want to ask. Be sure to add your own questions as you think of them. Nurses, social workers, and other members of the treatment team may also be able to answer many of your questions.
- What type of myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) do I have?
- What is my prognostic score and what does that mean for me?
- What treatment choices do I have?
- Which treatment (if any) do you recommend and why?
- Should I get a second opinion, and whom do you recommend as an expert in this field?
- What are the side effects of the treatment you recommend?
- How can I help reduce these side effects?
- What is the outlook for my survival?
Add your own questions below:
Last Medical Review: 11/12/2012
Last Revised: 11/12/2012