Signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer
Early cancer of the ovary often causes no symptoms. Even when symptoms occur, they are more often caused by other things. Look for symptoms that are different from how you usually feel and that continue instead of going away.
The most common symptoms are:
- Swelling of the stomach (abdomen) or bloating caused by a build-up of fluid or a tumor
- Pelvic or belly (abdominal) pain
- Feeling full quickly or trouble eating
- Having to urinate often or feeling as if you have to go right away
Other symptoms can include:
- Upset stomach
- Back pain
- Pain during sex
- Menstrual changes
- Abdominal swelling with weight loss
If you have any of these problems, talk to your doctor so that the cause can be found.
Last Medical Review: 08/08/2014
Last Revised: 01/26/2015