Whether you (or a loved one) are worried about developing a pituitary tumor, have just been diagnosed, are going through treatment, or are trying to stay well after treatment, this detailed guide can help you find the answers you need. Click on the topics below to get started.
What Is Pituitary Tumors?
Causes, Risk Factors, and Prevention
- What are the risk factors for pituitary tumors?
- Do we know what causes pituitary tumors?
- Can pituitary tumors be prevented?
Early Detection, Diagnosis, and Staging
- Can pituitary tumors be found early?
- How are pituitary tumors diagnosed?
- How are pituitary tumors staged?
Treating Pituitary Tumors
- How are pituitary tumors treated?
- Surgery for pituitary tumors
- Radiation therapy for pituitary tumors
- Medicines to treat pituitary tumors
- Clinical trials for pituitary tumors
- Complementary and alternative therapies for pituitary tumors
- Treatment of functional (hormone-producing) pituitary tumors
- Treatment of non-functional (not hormone-producing) pituitary tumors
- Treatment of pituitary carcinomas
- More treatment information for pituitary tumors
Talking With Your Doctor
- What happens after treatment for pituitary tumors?
- Keeping medical insurance and copies of your medical records
- Lifestyle changes after having a pituitary tumor
- How does having a pituitary tumor affect your emotional health?