- What is prostate cancer?
- Finding prostate cancer early
- American Cancer Society recommendations for prostate cancer early detection
- What tests can detect prostate cancer?
- What if the test results aren`t normal?
- What are the signs and symptoms of prostate cancer?
- What are the risk factors for prostate cancer?
- Can prostate cancer be prevented?
- State efforts to ensure prostate cancer screening coverage
- Medicare coverage
- Additional resources
Medicare covers a DRE and a prostate-specific antigen (PSA) blood test once a year for all men with Medicare age 50 and over. There is no co-insurance and no Part B deductible for the PSA test. For other services, the beneficiary would pay 20% of the Medicare-approved amount after the yearly Part B deductible.
Last Medical Review: 02/27/2012
Last Revised: 02/27/2012