- What is prostate cancer?
- Finding prostate cancer early
- American Cancer Society recommendations for prostate cancer early detection
- What tests can detect prostate cancer?
- What if the test results aren`t normal?
- What are the signs and symptoms of prostate cancer?
- What are the risk factors for prostate cancer?
- Can prostate cancer be prevented?
- Insurance coverage for prostate cancer screening
- Additional resources
American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts & Figures 2013. Atlanta, Ga: American Cancer Society; 2013.
American Cancer Society. Prostate Cancer. Cancer Information Database. 2013.
Kristal AR, Darke AK, Morris JS, et al. Baseline Selenium Status and Effects of Selenium and Vitamin E Supplementation on Prostate Cancer Risk. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2014 Feb 22 (published online ahead of print).
National Conference of State Legislatures. Prostate cancer screening mandates. 2011. Accessed at www.ncsl.org/issues-research/health/prostate-cancer-screening-mandates.aspx on February 21, 2012.
Last Medical Review: 08/28/2013
Last Revised: 02/25/2014