- How are soft tissue sarcomas treated?
- Surgery for soft tissue sarcomas
- Radiation therapy for soft tissue sarcomas
- Chemotherapy for soft tissue sarcomas
- Targeted therapy for soft tissue sarcoma
- Clinical trials for soft tissue sarcomas
- Complementary and alternative therapies for soft tissue sarcomas
- Treatment of soft tissue sarcomas, by stage
- More treatment information for soft tissue sarcomas
How are soft tissue sarcomas treated?
General treatment information
After a sarcoma is found and staged, the cancer care team will recommend one or several treatment options. This is an important decision, so take time and think about all of the choices. In choosing a treatment plan, factors to consider include the type, location, and stage of the cancer, as well as your overall physical health.
The main types of treatment for soft tissue sarcoma are:
- Targeted therapy
It is often a good idea to seek a second opinion. A second opinion can provide more information and help you feel more confident about the treatment plan that is chosen. Some insurance companies require a second opinion before they will agree to pay for treatments.
Last Medical Review: 10/02/2012
Last Revised: 01/17/2013