Skin Cancer Prevention and Early Detection
Skin cancer is by far the most common type of cancer in the United States. Learn about the risk factors for skin cancer and what you can do to help protect yourself and your loved ones. Click on the topics below to get started.
- Skin Cancer Prevention and Early Detection
- What is skin cancer?
- What is ultraviolet (UV) radiation?
- Are some people more likely to get skin damage from the sun?
- How do I protect myself from UV rays?
- What about tanning pills and other tanning products?
- Skin exams
- What should I look for on a skin self-exam?
- What if I find something suspicious on a skin exam?
- Additional resources