- How are Merkel cell carcinomas treated?
- Surgery for Merkel cell carcinoma
- Radiation therapy for Merkel cell carcinoma
- Chemotherapy for Merkel cell carcinoma
- Clinical trials for Merkel cell carcinoma
- Complementary and alternative therapies Merkel cell carcinoma
- Treating Merkel cell carcinoma based on the extent of the cancer
- More treatment information for Merkel cell carcinoma
More treatment information for Merkel cell carcinoma
For more details on treatment options – including some that may not be discussed in this document – the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) are good sources of information.
The NCI, part of the US National Institutes of Health, offers treatment information by phone (1-800-4-CANCER) and on its website (www.cancer.gov). Detailed guidelines intended for use by cancer care professionals are also available on www.cancer.gov.
The NCCN, made up of experts from many of the nation’s leading cancer centers, develops cancer treatment guidelines for doctors to use when treating patients. These are available on the NCCN website (www.nccn.org).
Last Medical Review: 12/31/2013
Last Revised: 12/31/2013