What should you ask your doctor about small intestine adenocarcinoma?
It is important to have honest, open discussions with your cancer care team. They want to answer all of your questions, no matter how trivial you might think they are. For instance, consider these questions:
- What is the stage of my cancer and what does that mean?
- What are my treatment choices?
- What do you recommend and why?
- Based on what you've learned about my cancer, what is my prognosis?
- What risks or side effects are there to the treatments you suggest?
- What are the chances my cancer will recur with these treatment plans?
- What should I do to be ready for treatment?
In addition to these sample questions, you may wish to write down some of your own. For instance, you might want more information about recovery time so you can plan your work schedule. Or you might want to ask about second opinions or clinical trials.
Last Medical Review: 02/04/2013
Last Revised: 02/04/2013