Whether you (or a loved one) are worried about developing thyroid cancer, have just been diagnosed, are going through treatment, or are trying to stay well after treatment, this detailed guide can help you find the answers you need. Click on the topics below to get started.
What Is Thyroid Cancer?
Causes, Risk Factors, and Prevention
Early Detection, Diagnosis, and Staging
- Can thyroid cancer be found early?
- Signs and symptoms of thyroid cancer
- Tests for thyroid cancer
- Thyroid cancer stages
- Thyroid cancer survival rates, by type and stage
Treating Thyroid Cancer
- How is thyroid cancer treated?
- Surgery for thyroid cancer
- Radioactive iodine (radioiodine) therapy for thyroid cancer
- Thyroid hormone therapy
- External beam radiation therapy for thyroid cancer
- Chemotherapy for thyroid cancer
- Targeted therapy for thyroid cancer
- Treatment of thyroid cancer, by type and stage
Talking With Your Doctor
- Living as a thyroid cancer survivor
- Can I lower the risk of my cancer progressing or coming back?
- Getting emotional support
- Can I get another cancer after having thyroid cancer?
- If thyroid cancer comes back