- How is vaginal cancer treated?
- Laser surgery for vaginal cancer
- Topical therapy for vaginal cancer
- Radiation therapy for vaginal cancer
- Surgery for vaginal cancer
- Chemotherapy for vaginal cancer
- Clinical trials for vaginal cancer
- Complementary and alternative therapies for vaginal cancer
- Treatment options by stage and type of vaginal cancer
- More treatment information for vaginal cancer
Laser surgery for vaginal cancer
In this treatment, a beam of high-energy light is used to vaporize the abnormal tissue. This is a very effective treatment for VAIN, and works well for large lesions. However, this is not a treatment for invasive cancer. For laser surgery to be an option, the doctor must be certain that the worst lesion was biopsied and that invasive cancer is not a concern.
For more information on laser surgery, see our document Lasers in Cancer Treatment.
Last Medical Review: 01/30/2013
Last Revised: 01/30/2013