Whether your child has just been diagnosed with Wilms tumor, is going through treatment, or is trying to stay well after treatment, this detailed guide can help you find the answers you need. Click on the topics below to get started.
What Is Wilms Tumor?
- What are the differences between cancers in adults and children?
- What is Wilms tumor?
- What are the key statistics about Wilms tumor?
Causes, Risk Factors, and Prevention
- What are the risk factors for Wilms tumor?
- Do we know what causes Wilms tumor?
- Can Wilms tumor be prevented?
Early Detection, Diagnosis, and Staging
- Can Wilms tumor be found early?
- Signs and symptoms of Wilms tumor
- How are Wilms tumors diagnosed?
- How is Wilms tumor staged?
- Survival rates for Wilms tumor, by stage and histology
Treating Wilms Tumor
- How is Wilms tumor treated?
- Surgery for Wilms tumors
- Chemotherapy for Wilms tumors
- Radiation therapy for Wilms tumor
- Treatment by type and stage of Wilms tumor
Talking With Your Doctor
- What happens after treatment for Wilms tumor?
- Late and long-term effects of treatment for Wilms tumor
- Emotional and social issues for Wilms tumor survivors and their families