Green Salad with Edible Flowers and Mustard Vinaigrette
Edible flowers, purchased from specialty stores or supermarkets that carry gourmet produce, should be tightly wrapped and stored in the refrigerator. They'll stay fresh for up to a week.
- 1/3 cup fat-free Italian dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
- 2 cups Bibb lettuce, washed and torn
- 2 cups radicchio lettuce, washed and torn
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce, washed and torn
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts,drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup edible flowers, such as sweet roses or pansies, if available
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- Just before serving, toss lettuce, pepper, tomatoes, and artichoke hearts with dressing in large bowl.
- Top salad with raisins, sunflower seeds, and flowers.
Per Serving (approximate)
|Total Fat||2 g|