These baked zucchini treats are a great start to any meal. When choosing zucchini, select those that are smaller in size. They will be more tender and have thinner skins. Buy only as many as you need; like most fruits and vegetables, zucchini tastes better when consumed shortly after purchase.
Makes approximately 24 zucchini slices
- Cooking spray
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 3/4 –inch rounds
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat a cast-iron skillet or cookie sheet in oven for 2 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Spray both sides of zucchini slices with cooking spray. Coat with baking mix.
- Place zucchini slices in skillet or on cookie sheet and sprinkle with garlic salt, paprika, and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned. Serve immediately.
Per Serving (approximate)