Our recipe for cheesecake blends several low-fat ingredients to create a deliciously creamy dessert. Web visitors will find directions here to adapt this basic recipe to create amaretto or strawberry flavored cheesecake … in addition to the chocolate version found in Celebrate!.
Makes eight slices
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Nonfat cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Coat an 8 x 8-inch pan with nonfat cooking spray.
- Puree in blender the yogurt, cream cheese, ricotta cheese, maple syrup, cocoa, egg whites, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Pour in pan.
- Bake cake for 50 minutes or until set and cooked. Let cool, then decorate with slices of strawberries if desired.
Choose a Flavor
For any of these variations, replace the vanilla extract in the plain cheesecake recipe above with the ingredients listed below.
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coffee liqueur or brewed coffee
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. amaretto liqueur
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. strawberry extract