- Non-cancerous Breast Conditions
- What is normal breast tissue and what does it do?
- Finding non-cancerous breast conditions
- Breast cancer can be found early
- Diagnosing non-cancerous breast changes
- Nipple discharge exam (nipple smear)
- Types of non-cancerous breast conditions
- Fibrosis and simple cysts
- Lobular carcinoma in situ
- Phyllodes tumors
- Intraductal papillomas
- Granular cell tumors
- Fat necrosis and oil cysts
- Duct ectasia
- Other non-cancerous breast conditions
- How non-cancerous breast conditions affect breast cancer risk
- For women at increased breast cancer risk
- To learn more
To learn more
More information from your American Cancer Society
Here’s more information you might find helpful. You can order free copies of our documents from our toll-free number, 1-800-227-2345, or read them on our website, www.cancer.org.
Breast Cancer (also in Spanish)
Breast Cancer: Early Detection (also in Spanish)
For Women Facing a Breast Biopsy
Talking With Your Doctor (also in Spanish)
Your American Cancer Society also has books that you might find helpful. Call us at 1-800-227-2345 or visit our bookstore online at www.cancer.org/cancer/bookstore to find out about costs or to place an order.
No matter who you are, we can help. Contact us anytime, day or night, for cancer-related information and support. Call us at 1-800-227-2345 or visit www.cancer.org.
Last Medical Review: 01/14/2014
Last Revised: 01/14/2014