What are the immediate rewards of quitting smokeless tobacco?
Kicking the tobacco habit offers some benefits that you’ll notice right away and some that will develop over time. These rewards improve most peoples’ day-to-day lives a great deal. Here are just a few:
- Breath smells better
- No more tobacco stains on your face, teeth, or clothes
- Mouth starts to heal – you can eat spicy foods without the burn
- No more looking for empty cans or bottles so you can spit
- Not worrying that people will think less of you for dipping/chewing
- Kissing your spouse or partner before you brush your teeth
Last Medical Review: February 20, 2014 Last Revised: June 23, 2016
- What do I need to know about quitting?
- Why is it so hard to quit smokeless tobacco?
- How does smokeless tobacco affect your health?
- Other reasons to quit smokeless tobacco
- What are the immediate rewards of quitting smokeless tobacco?
- Getting help with the physical part of addiction to smokeless tobacco
- Getting help with the mental part of addiction to smokeless tobacco
- Other ways to quit smokeless tobacco
- A word about success rates for quitting smokeless tobacco
- Steps for long term success
- Making the decision to quit smokeless tobacco
- Setting a date and making a plan to quit smokeless tobacco
- Dealing with smokeless tobacco withdrawal
- Staying tobacco-free
- Special concerns after quitting smokeless tobacco
- To learn more