About Coaches vs. Cancer
The Coaches vs. Cancer program is a nationwide collaboration between the American Cancer Society and the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) that empowers basketball coaches, their teams, and local communities to make a difference in the fight against cancer. The program leverages the personal experiences, community leadership, and professional excellence of basketball coaches nationwide to increase cancer awareness and promote healthy living through year-round awareness efforts, fundraising activities, and advocacy programs.
Because cancer has touched so many of our nation's basketball coaches, Coaches vs. Cancer offers them the unique opportunity to fight the disease. Through integrated fundraising activities and public awareness campaigns, participating coaches are truly making a difference in the fight against cancer and are raising awareness in their communities about the importance of cancer prevention, early detection, and making healthy lifestyle choices.
If you are a coach looking to get involved in your community and make a difference for a meaningful cause, Coaches vs. Cancer is for you. There are various ways you can use your voice and leadership to help fight cancer:
- Participate in national and local events to raise funds and awareness to support Coaches vs. Cancer and the American Cancer Society.
- Serve as a local/national spokesperson to heighten visibility of the resources, services, and support that the American Cancer Society offers to help all people facing cancer.
- Advocate for responsible public policy issues related to cancer.
- Increase awareness of the importance of cancer prevention, early detection, and healthy lifestyle choices.
- Raise funds in the fight against cancer to help support the American Cancer Society's lifesaving efforts to eliminate the disease.
To learn more about how you can make a difference as a coach in your community and across the nation through the Coaches vs. Cancer program, please contact us at email@example.com or visit coachesvscancer.org to learn more.