National Corporate Team Program
The National Corporate Team Program is an excellent way for businesses to participate in the world’s largest nonprofit fundraising event, while boosting employee morale and team-building skills.
As this program continues to grow, we pay tribute to the founding members of the American Cancer Society Relay For Life National Corporate Team Program. 2012 is the year we celebrate our 11th anniversary of the American Cancer Society Relay For Life National Corporate Team Program. In 2000, our founding members KPMG, Quest Diagnostics, AT&T, and Meijer committed to recruiting more than 50 teams, dedicating a volunteer leader, internally marketing Relay to their employees nationwide, and recognizing those results nationwide. It is these companies’ commitment early on in this program that have enabled the National Corporate Team Program to flourish. Today, the NTP has 51 members and have raised a collective $18 million with close to 72,000 participants nationwide. The support of these companies is crucial to our success in battling this disease.
For more information on the Relay For Life National Corporate Team Program please visit http://www.acsworkplacesolutions.com/relayteamprogram.asp
What It Takes to Make the Team
The Relay For Life National Corporate Team Program appeals to large regional or national networks. Corporate businesses, that join with the Society commit to:
- Assign a volunteer contact to coordinate teams within your organization
- Recruit at least 50 teams in two or more states to participate in Relay each year
- Provide internal communication about their participation and involvement nationwide
- Maintain regular communications with an assigned Society relationship manager
- Promote executive-level support
- Encourage participation in communities where Relay events take place
- Record and track participation progress and report year-end results
If your Corporate team, would like to apply for the National Corporate Team Program, contact your local Society staff partner for more information or call 1-800-ACS-2345.