Young Cancer Survivor Scholarship Program
The American Cancer Society is proud of how far we've come in the fight against cancer in California, but we are not satisfied with our incremental advances. We need to finish the fight and save even more lives from cancer. If we are to achieve our vision, we must focus our limited resources on those strategies that will reach the most people and save the most lives. We have spent a great deal of time examining ways to accelerate our progress, and we have made strategic decisions.
As a result of this painstaking process, The American Cancer Society will transition out of the Young Cancer Survivor Scholarship Program by the end of 2013. This decision in no way suggests this program has not been valuable. It has helped many people. However, we know that patients, families, partners, and those who invest in our mission, are relying on us to do everything we can to finish the fight against cancer and save more lives.
We continue to offer:
- 24-hour information and resource referral via cancer.org and 800.227.2345;
- Support through programs like Reach to Recovery, Look Good Feel Better and our online communities the Cancer Survivors Network and WhatNext;
- Transportation via the Road To Recovery program and help finding discounted or free lodging;
- Patient Navigators at select locations to help people navigate the myriad information and services at critical times after they have been diagnosed;
- Partnership with, and referral to, organizations providing services that the American Cancer Society does not offer
While we understand there may be disappointment to see this popular program discontinued, we believe this decision is necessary to make greater progress in the fight against cancer. We hope you understand and will support us.
Thank you for your support for our life-saving mission, and your understanding of the challenging decision we have had to make to ensure we save the most lives by creating a world with less cancer and more birthdays.
For questions about the Young Cancer Survivor Scholarship Program, please contact Anna Edgcomb at 800.877.1710 x221 or email@example.com.