Cancer Prevention Study - 3 in Southwest Indiana
To view enrollment times or to schedule your appointment for this location, click the red button, visit our appointment site or call toll free, 888-604-5888 for more information. You can also click on one of the locations on the map listed below, and you will be directed to another page where you can make an appointment to enroll.
What if you could prevent even one family from hearing the words “you have cancer”?
This year, you can fight back against cancer by enrolling in the American Cancer Society’s research study called the Cancer Prevention Study-3 (CPS-3). By joining CPS-3, you can help researchers better understand the genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors that cause or prevent cancer, which will ultimately save lives.
Who can join the study?
The study is open to anyone who:
• Is willing to make a long-term commitment to the study, which involves completing periodic follow-up surveys at
• Is between 30 and 65 years old
• Has never been diagnosed with cancer (not including basal or squamous cell skin cancer)
How can you participate?
Participation is easy and enrollment is available in your local community. Your initial enrollment requires two steps and will involve the following:
- After scheduling your enrollment appointment, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with instructions to go online and complete your first, most comprehensive survey. This survey will ask you questions regarding medications you are taking, family history of cancer, lifestyle and other behaviors. This survey should be completed prior to your appointment time.
- At your appointment, you will be asked to sign an informed consent form, complete a brief survey, as well as provide a waist circumference measurement and a small blood sample (similar to a doctor’s visit). The blood sample will be taken by a certified, trained phlebotomist. Your appointment should last approximately 20 - 30 minutes.
Following enrollment, you will periodically receive mailed surveys at home every few years to update your information. You will also receive annual study newsletters to update you on research taking place in the Cancer Prevention Studies.
Where can I enroll?
To view enrollment times or to schedule your appointment for this location, CLICK HERE or call toll free, 888-604-5888 for more information.
You can also click on one of the locations on the map listed below, and you will be directed to another page where you can make an appointment to enroll.
View Cancer Prevention Study - 3 Southwest Indiana in a full screen map
Event Enrollment Sites:
Antioch Christian Church
3007 East US HWY 50
Washington, IN 47501
Event Date: Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Enrollment Hours: 3:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
520 S. 7th Street
Vincennes, IN 47591
Washington Avenue Church of Christ
4001 Washington Ave
Evansville, IN 47714
Old National Bank
1 Main Street
Evansville, IN 47708
YMCA - Dunigan
6846 Oak Grove Road
Evansville, IN 47715
YMCA - Downtown
222 NW 6th Street
Evansville, IN 47708
Location: Multipurpose Room
Event Date: Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Enrollment Hours: 7:00a.m - 10:30 a.m.