CPS-3 in the Philadelphia Metro Area
What if you could prevent even one family from hearing the words “you have cancer”?
- Is between 30 and 65 years old
- Has never been diagnosed with cancer (not including basal or squamous cell skin cancer)
- Is willing to make a long-term commitment to the study, which involves completing periodic follow-up surveys at home
- Read and sign an informed consent form
- Complete a comprehensive survey packet that asks for information on lifestyle, behavioral and other factors related to your health
- Have your waist circumference measured
- Give a small blood sample (similar to a doctor’s visit- 7 teaspoons total). The blood sample will be drawn by trained, certified phlebotomists
Upon completion of these steps, we will send periodic follow-up surveys to update your information and an annual newsletter with study updates and results.
Call for CPS-3 Volunteers!
The Cancer Prevention Study-3 is looking for volunteers to help with day-of-enrollments at the four locations throughout the Philadelphia Metro area. A brief training will be held to give details of volunteer roles. Thank you for your interest in helping with this groundbreaking research study. If you are interested in getting involved in one or more of our enrollment sites, please email Kate.Mastalski@cancer.org.
Would you like to be a CPS-3 Champion?
View Philly CPS-3 in a full screen mapAmerican Cancer Society Blue Bell Office 480 Norristown Road, Suite 150
Blue Bell, PA 19422 Event Date: Thursday, September 26, 2013 Enrollment Hours: 3 p.m.-7 p.m. http://www.seeuthere.com/cps3enroll/Philadelphia2 Rockledge Community Center 121 Huntingdon Pike
Rockledge, PA 19046
Blue Bell, PA 19422 Event Date: Tuesday, October 1, 2013 Enrollment Hours: 8 a.m.-1 p.m. http://www.seeuthere.com/cps3enroll/Philadelphia2 American Cancer Society Center City Office 1626 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Media, PA 19063 Event Date: Thursday, October 3, 2013 Enrollment Hours: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. http://www.seeuthere.com/cps3enroll/Philadelphia2 The American Cancer Society would like to thank each of our host enrollment sites for their support of the Cancer Prevention Study-3. The combined efforts of the American Cancer Society, Rockledge Community Center and the Rocky Run YMCA will help us see a world with less cancer and more birthdays.