The American Cancer Society Extramural Grants department focuses its funding on investigator-initiated, peer-reviewed proposals from researchers at varied career levels, and is the nation's largest private, not-for-profit source of funds for scientists studying the causes, detection, and treatment of cancer. Each researcher biographical sketch linked below includes further details on key personnel in the department.
- William H. Chambers, PhD, Senior Vice President
- Elvan C. Daniels, MD, MPH, Program Director (Cancer Prevention and Control Program)
- Susanna Fletcher Greer, PhD, Program Director (Clinical Cancer Research, Nutrition and Immunology)
- Virginia Krawiec, MPA, Program Director (Health Professional Training in Cancer Control Program)
- Michael H. Melner, PhD, Program Director (Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry of Cancer Program)
- William Phelps, PhD, Program Director (Preclinical and Translational Cancer Research Program)
- Charles (Karl) Saxe, PhD, Program Director (Cancer Cell Biology and Metastasis Program)