1. Jacobs EJ. Will an aspirin a day help keep fatal cancer away? Lancet. Jan 1 2011;377(9759):3-4.
2. Dieli-Conwright CM, Sullivan-Halley J, Patel A, et al. Does hormone therapy counter the beneficial effects of physical activity on breast cancer risk in postmenopausal women? Cancer Causes Control. Mar 2011;22(3):515-522.
3. Beckmann L, Husing A, Setiawan VW, et al. Comprehensive analysis of hormone and genetic variation in 36 genes related to steroid hormone metabolism in pre- and postmenopausal women from the breast and prostate cancer cohort consortium (BPC3). J Clin Endocrinol Metab. Feb 2011;96(2):E360-367.
4. Ahearn TU, McCullough ML, Flanders WD, et al. A randomized clinical trial of the effects of supplemental calcium and vitamin D3 on markers of their metabolism in normal mucosa of colorectal adenoma patients. Cancer Res. Jan 15 2011;71(2):413-423.
5. Wacholder S, Hartge P, Prentice R, et al. Performance of common genetic variants in breast-cancer risk models. N Engl J Med. Mar 18 2010;362(11):986-993.
6. Truong T, Sauter W, McKay JD, et al. International Lung Cancer Consortium: coordinated association study of 10 potential lung cancer susceptibility variants. Carcinogenesis. Apr 2010;31(4):625-633.
7. Thun MJ. Early landmark studies of smoking and lung cancer. Lancet Oncol. Dec 2010;11(12):1200.
8. Thun MJ. Jury still out on cell phone-Cancer connection. Cancer. May 1 2010;116(9):2067.
9. Schumacher FR, Cheng I, Freedman ML, et al. A comprehensive analysis of common IGF1, IGFBP1 and IGFBP3 genetic variation with prospective IGF-I and IGFBP-3 blood levels and prostate cancer risk among Caucasians. Hum Mol Genet. Aug 1 2010;19(15):3089-3101.
10. Saccone NL, Culverhouse RC, Schwantes-An TH, et al. Multiple independent loci at chromosome 15q25.1 affect smoking quantity: a meta-analysis and comparison with lung cancer and COPD. PLoS Genet. Aug 2010;6(8).
11. Prokunina-Olsson L, Fu YP, Tang W, et al. Refining the prostate cancer genetic association within the JAZF1 gene on chromosome 7p15.2. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. May 2010;19(5):1349-1355.
12. Poynter JN, Jacobs ET, Figueiredo JC, et al. Genetic variation in the vitamin D receptor (VDR) and the vitamin D-binding protein (GC) and risk for colorectal cancer: results from the Colon Cancer Family Registry. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Feb 2010;19(2):525-536.
13. Park Y, Spiegelman D, Hunter DJ, et al. Intakes of vitamins A, C, and E and use of multiple vitamin supplements and risk of colon cancer: a pooled analysis of prospective cohort studies. Cancer Causes Control. Nov 2010;21(11):1745-1757.
14. Pande M, Lynch PM, Hopper JL, et al. Smoking and colorectal cancer in Lynch syndrome: results from the Colon Cancer Family Registry and the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. Clin Cancer Res. Feb 15 2010;16(4):1331-1339.
15. Levine AJ, Figueiredo JC, Lee W, et al. A candidate gene study of folate-associated one carbon metabolism genes and colorectal cancer risk. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Jul 2010;19(7):1812-1821.
16. Landi MT, Chatterjee N, Caporaso NE, et al. GPC5 rs2352028 variant and risk of lung cancer in never smokers. Lancet Oncol. Aug 2010;11(8):714-716; author reply 716.
17. Koutros S, Schumacher FR, Hayes RB, et al. Pooled analysis of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathway variants and risk of prostate cancer. Cancer Res. Mar 15 2010;70(6):2389-2396.
18. Kim DH, Smith-Warner SA, Spiegelman D, et al. Pooled analyses of 13 prospective cohort studies on folate intake and colon cancer. Cancer Causes Control. Nov 2010;21(11):1919-1930.
19. Jacobs ET, Martinez ME, Campbell PT, et al. Genetic variation in the retinoid X receptor and calcium-sensing receptor and risk of colorectal cancer in the Colon Cancer Family Registry. Carcinogenesis. Aug 2010;31(8):1412-1416.
20. Jacobs EJ, Chanock SJ, Fuchs CS, et al. Family history of cancer and risk of pancreatic cancer: A pooled analysis from the Pancreatic Cancer Cohort Consortium (PanScan). Int J Cancer. Jan 4 2010.
21. Holmes RS, Zheng Y, Baron JA, et al. Use of folic acid-containing supplements after a diagnosis of colorectal cancer in the Colon Cancer Family Registry. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Aug 2010;19(8):2023-2034.
22. Gu F, Schumacher FR, Canzian F, et al. Eighteen insulin-like growth factor pathway genes, circulating levels of IGF-I and its binding protein, and risk of prostate and breast cancer. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Nov 2010;19(11):2877-2887.
23. Giovannucci E, Harlan DM, Archer MC, et al. Diabetes and cancer: a consensus report. Diabetes Care. Jul 2010;33(7):1674-1685.
24. Giovannucci E, Harlan DM, Archer MC, et al. Diabetes and Cancer: A Consensus Report. CA Cancer J Clin. Jun 16 2010.
25. Gapstur SM, Thun MJ. Progress in the war on cancer. JAMA. Mar 17 2010;303(11):1084-1085.
26. Gansler T, Ganz PA, Grant M, et al. Sixty years of CA: a cancer journal for clinicians. CA Cancer J Clin. Nov-Dec 2010;60(6):345-350.
27. Figueiredo JC, Levine AJ, Lee WH, et al. Genes involved with folate uptake and distribution and their association with colorectal cancer risk. Cancer Causes Control. Apr 2010;21(4):597-608.
28. Fedirko V, Bostick RM, Long Q, et al. Effects of supplemental vitamin D and calcium on oxidative DNA damage marker in normal colorectal mucosa: a randomized clinical trial. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Jan 2010;19(1):280-291.
29. Elliott KS, Zeggini E, McCarthy MI, et al. Evaluation of association of HNF1B variants with diverse cancers: collaborative analysis of data from 19 genome-wide association studies. PLoS One. 2010;5(5):e10858.
30. Dossus L, Kaaks R, Canzian F, et al. PTGS2 and IL6 genetic variation and risk of breast and prostate cancer: results from the Breast and Prostate Cancer Cohort Consortium (BPC3). Carcinogenesis. Mar 2010;31(3):455-461.
31. Canzian F, Cox DG, Setiawan VW, et al. Comprehensive analysis of common genetic variation in 61 genes related to steroid hormone and insulin-like growth factor-I metabolism and breast cancer risk in the NCI breast and prostate cancer cohort consortium. Hum Mol Genet. Oct 1 2010;19(19):3873-3884.
32. Campbell PT, Jacobs ET, Ulrich CM, et al. Case-control study of overweight, obesity, and colorectal cancer risk, overall and by tumor microsatellite instability status. J Natl Cancer Inst. Mar 17 2010;102(6):391-400.
33. Campbell PT, Gross MD, Potter JD, et al. Effect of Exercise on Oxidative Stress: A 12-Month Randomized, Controlled Trial. Med Sci Sports Exerc. Feb 4 2010.
34. Campbell PT, Deka A, Jacobs EJ, et al. Prospective study reveals associations between colorectal cancer and type 2 diabetes mellitus or insulin use in men. Gastroenterology. Jul 12 2010.
35. Berrington de Gonzalez A, Hartge P, Cerhan JR, et al. Body-mass index and mortality among 1.46 million white adults. N Engl J Med. Dec 2 2010;363(23):2211-2219.
36. Arslan AA, Helzlsouer KJ, Kooperberg C, et al. Anthropometric measures, body mass index, and pancreatic cancer: a pooled analysis from the Pancreatic Cancer Cohort Consortium (PanScan). Arch Intern Med. May 10 2010;170(9):791-802.
37. Ahn J, Yu K, Stolzenberg-Solomon R, et al. Genome-wide association study of circulating vitamin D levels. Hum Mol Genet. Jul 1 2010;19(13):2739-2745.
38. Zheng SL, Stevens VL, Wiklund F, et al. Two independent prostate cancer risk-associated Loci at 11q13. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Jun 2009;18(6):1815-1820.
39. Yeager M, Chatterjee N, Ciampa J, et al. Identification of a new prostate cancer susceptibility locus on chromosome 8q24. Nat Genet. Oct 2009;41(10):1055-1057.
40. Yao C, Evans CO, Stevens VL, Owens TR, Oyesiku NM. Folate receptor alpha regulates cell proliferation in mouse gonadotroph alphaT3-1 cells. Exp Cell Res. Nov 1 2009;315(18):3125-3132.
41. Wang Y, Jacobs EJ, McCullough ML, et al. Comparing methods for accounting for seasonal variability in a biomarker when only a single sample is available: insights from simulations based on serum 25-hydroxyvitamin d. Am J Epidemiol. Jul 1 2009;170(1):88-94.
42. Wang JC, Cruchaga C, Saccone NL, et al. Risk for nicotine dependence and lung cancer is conferred by mRNA expression levels and amino acid change in CHRNA5. Hum Mol Genet. Aug 15 2009;18(16):3125-3135.
43. Travis RC, Schumacher F, Hirschhorn JN, et al. CYP19A1 genetic variation in relation to prostate cancer risk and circulating sex hormone concentrations in men from the Breast and Prostate Cancer Cohort Consortium. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Oct 2009;18(10):2734-2744.
44. Thun MJ, Blackard B. Pharmacologic effects of NSAIDs and implications for the risks and benefits of long-term prophylactic use of aspirin to prevent cancer. Recent Results Cancer Res. 2009;181:215-221.
45. Thun MJ. The evolving relationship of social class to tobacco smoking and lung cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. Mar 4 2009;101(5):285-287.
46. Thun M, Jemal A, Desantis C, Blackard B, Ward E. An overview of the cancer burden for primary care physicians. Prim Care. Sep 2009;36(3):439-454.
47. Thomas G, Jacobs KB, Kraft P, et al. A multistage genome-wide association study in breast cancer identifies two new risk alleles at 1p11.2 and 14q24.1 (RAD51L1). Nat Genet. May 2009;41(5):579-584.
48. Teras LR, Goodman M, Patel AV, et al. No association between polymorphisms in LEP, LEPR, ADIPOQ, ADIPOR1, or ADIPOR2 and postmenopausal breast cancer risk. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Sep 2009;18(9):2553-2557.
49. Smith KR, Jerrett M, Anderson HR, et al. Public health benefits of strategies to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions: health implications of short-lived greenhouse pollutants. Lancet. Dec 19 2009;374(9707):2091-2103.
50. McKay JD, McCullough ML, Ziegler RG, et al. Vitamin D receptor polymorphisms and breast cancer risk: results from the National Cancer Institute Breast and Prostate Cancer Cohort Consortium. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Jan 2009;18(1):297-305.
51. McCullough ML, Stevens VL, Patel R, et al. Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentrations and postmenopausal breast cancer risk: a nested case control study in the Cancer Prevention Study-II Nutrition Cohort. Breast Cancer Res. 2009;11(4):R64.
52. McCullough ML, Bostick RM, Mayo TL. Vitamin D gene pathway polymorphisms and risk of colorectal, breast, and prostate cancer. Annu Rev Nutr. 2009;29:111-132.
53. McCullough ML, Bostick RM, Daniel CR, et al. Vitamin D status and impact of vitamin D3 and/or calcium supplementation in a randomized pilot study in the Southeastern United States. J Am Coll Nutr. Dec 2009;28(6):678-686.
54. McCullough ML. Colorectal cancer: What do studies of diet patterns tell us? Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. Oct 2009;6(10):567-568.
55. Lynch SM, Vrieling A, Lubin JH, et al. Cigarette smoking and pancreatic cancer: a pooled analysis from the pancreatic cancer cohort consortium. Am J Epidemiol. Aug 15 2009;170(4):403-413.
56. Lou H, Yeager M, Li H, et al. Fine mapping and functional analysis of a common variant in MSMB on chromosome 10q11.2 associated with prostate cancer susceptibility. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. May 12 2009;106(19):7933-7938.
57. Li Y, Ambrosone CB, McCullough MJ, et al. Oxidative stress-related genotypes, fruit and vegetable consumption and breast cancer risk. Carcinogenesis. May 2009;30(5):777-784.
58. Landi MT, Chatterjee N, Yu K, et al. A genome-wide association study of lung cancer identifies a region of chromosome 5p15 associated with risk for adenocarcinoma. Am J Hum Genet. Nov 2009;85(5):679-691.
59. Krewski D, Jerrett M, Burnett RT, et al. Extended follow-up and spatial analysis of the American Cancer Society study linking particulate air pollution and mortality. Res Rep Health Eff Inst. May 2009(140):5-114; discussion 115-136.
60. Jacobs EJ, Gapstur SM. Cholesterol and cancer: answers and new questions. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Nov 2009;18(11):2805-2806.
61. Gregory CO, McCullough ML, Ramirez-Zea M, Stein AD. Diet scores and cardio-metabolic risk factors among Guatemalan young adults. Br J Nutr. Jun 2009;101(12):1805-1811.
62. Gelineau-van Waes J, Voss KA, Stevens VL, Speer MC, Riley RT. Maternal fumonisin exposure as a risk factor for neural tube defects. Adv Food Nutr Res. 2009;56:145-181.
63. Cuzick J, Otto F, Baron JA, et al. Aspirin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for cancer prevention: an international consensus statement. Lancet Oncol. May 2009;10(5):501-507.
64. Chang BL, Cramer SD, Wiklund F, et al. Fine mapping association study and functional analysis implicate a SNP in MSMB at 10q11 as a causal variant for prostate cancer risk. Hum Mol Genet. Apr 1 2009;18(7):1368-1375.
65. Canzian F, Kaaks R, Cox DG, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of the GNRH1 and GNRHR genes and risk of breast cancer in the National Cancer Institute Breast and Prostate Cancer Cohort Consortium (BPC3). BMC Cancer. 2009;9:257.
66. Bandera EV, Gifkins DM, Moore DF, McCullough ML, Kushi LH. Antioxidant vitamins and the risk of endometrial cancer: a dose-response meta-analysis. Cancer Causes Control. Jul 2009;20(5):699-711.
67. Amundadottir L, Kraft P, Stolzenberg-Solomon RZ, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies variants in the ABO locus associated with susceptibility to pancreatic cancer. Nat Genet. Sep 2009;41(9):986-990.
68. Ahn J, Schumacher FR, Berndt SI, et al. Quantitative trait loci predicting circulating sex steroid hormones in men from the NCI-Breast and Prostate Cancer Cohort Consortium (BPC3). Hum Mol Genet. Oct 1 2009;18(19):3749-3757.
69. Ahmed S, Thomas G, Ghoussaini M, et al. Newly discovered breast cancer susceptibility loci on 3p24 and 17q23.2. Nat Genet. May 2009;41(5):585-590.
70. Adams TD, Stroup AM, Gress RE, et al. Cancer incidence and mortality after gastric bypass surgery. Obesity (Silver Spring). Apr 2009;17(4):796-802.
71. Willett WC, McCullough ML. Dietary pattern analysis for the evaluation of dietary guidelines. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2008;17 Suppl 1:75-78.
72. Thun MJ, Hannan LM, Stefanek M. Risky business: tools to improve risk communication in a doctor's office. J Natl Cancer Inst. Jun 18 2008;100(12):830-831.
73. Thun MJ, Hannan LM, Adams-Campbell LL, et al. Lung cancer occurrence in never-smokers: an analysis of 13 cohorts and 22 cancer registry studies. PLoS Med. Sep 30 2008;5(9):e185.
74. Thun MD, JO. Smokeless Tobacco: Harm Reduction Debatable (e-letter response). Ca J Clin 22 Feb 2008 2008.
75. Thompson R, Bandera E, Burley V, et al. Reproducibility of systematic literature reviews on food, nutrition, physical activity and endometrial cancer. Public Health Nutr. Oct 2008;11(10):1006-1014.
76. Thomas G, Jacobs KB, Yeager M, et al. Multiple loci identified in a genome-wide association study of prostate cancer. Nat Genet. Mar 2008;40(3):310-315.
77. Stevens VL, Rodriguez C, Talbot JT, Pavluck AL, Thun MJ, Calle EE. Paraoxonase 1 (PON1) polymorphisms and prostate cancer in the CPS-II Nutrition Cohort. Prostate. Sep 1 2008;68(12):1336-1340.
78. Stevens VL, Rodriguez C, Sun J, Talbot JT, Thun MJ, Calle EE. No association of single nucleotide polymorphisms in one-carbon metabolism genes with prostate cancer risk. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Dec 2008;17(12):3612-3614.
79. Stevens VL, Hsing AW, Talbot JT, et al. Genetic variation in the toll-like receptor gene cluster (TLR10-TLR1-TLR6) and prostate cancer risk. Int J Cancer. Dec 1 2008;123(11):2644-2650.
80. Stevens VL, Bierut LJ, Talbot JT, et al. Nicotinic receptor gene variants influence susceptibility to heavy smoking. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Dec 2008;17(12):3517-3525.
81. Patel AV, Cheng I, Canzian F, et al. IGF-1, IGFBP-1, and IGFBP-3 polymorphisms predict circulating IGF levels but not breast cancer risk: findings from the Breast and Prostate Cancer Cohort Consortium (BPC3). PLoS One. 2008;3(7):e2578.
82. McCullough ML, Bandera EV, Moore DF, Kushi LH. Vitamin D and calcium intake in relation to risk of endometrial cancer: a systematic review of the literature. Prev Med. Apr 2008;46(4):298-302.
83. Jacobs EJ, Hsing AW, Bain EB, et al. Polymorphisms in angiogenesis-related genes and prostate cancer. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Apr 2008;17(4):972-977.
84. Hawthorne MH, LM. Thun, MJ. Samet, JM. . Protecting our children from second-hand smoke. : UICC; 2008.
85. Hartman AM, Thun MJ, Ballard-Barbash R. Linking tobacco control policies and practices to early cancer endpoints: surveillance as an agent for change. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Sep 2008;17(9):2215-2219.
86. Fung TT, Chiuve SE, McCullough ML, Rexrode KM, Logroscino G, Hu FB. Adherence to a DASH-style diet and risk of coronary heart disease and stroke in women. Arch Intern Med. Apr 14 2008;168(7):713-720.
87. Feigelson HS, Teras LR, Diver WR, et al. Genetic variation in candidate obesity genes ADRB2, ADRB3, GHRL, HSD11B1, IRS1, IRS2, and SHC1 and risk for breast cancer in the Cancer Prevention Study II. Breast Cancer Res. 2008;10(4):R57.
88. Dong XY, Rodriguez C, Guo P, et al. SnoRNA U50 is a candidate tumor-suppressor gene at 6q14.3 with a mutation associated with clinically significant prostate cancer. Hum Mol Genet. Apr 1 2008;17(7):1031-1042.
89. Danforth KN, Rodriguez C, Hayes RB, et al. TNF polymorphisms and prostate cancer risk. Prostate. Mar 1 2008;68(4):400-407.
90. Danforth KN, Hayes RB, Rodriguez C, et al. Polymorphic variants in PTGS2 and prostate cancer risk: results from two large nested case-control studies. Carcinogenesis. Mar 2008;29(3):568-572.
91. Cox DG, Bretsky P, Kraft P, et al. Haplotypes of the estrogen receptor beta gene and breast cancer risk. Int J Cancer. Jan 15 2008;122(2):387-392.
92. Calle E. Obesity and Cancer. In: Hu F, ed. Obesity Epidemiology. New York, NY: Oxford University Press; 2008.
93. Beral V, Doll R, Hermon C, Peto R, Reeves G. Ovarian cancer and oral contraceptives: collaborative reanalysis of data from 45 epidemiological studies including 23,257 women with ovarian cancer and 87,303 controls. Lancet. Jan 26 2008;371(9609):303-314.
94. Ahn J, Berndt SI, Wacholder S, et al. Variation in KLK genes, prostate-specific antigen and risk of prostate cancer. Nat Genet. Sep 2008;40(9):1032-1034; author reply 1035-1036.
95. Yeager M, Orr N, Hayes RB, et al. Genome-wide association study of prostate cancer identifies a second risk locus at 8q24. Nat Genet. May 2007;39(5):645-649.
96. Wang Y, McCullough ML, Stevens VL, et al. Nested case-control study of energy regulation candidate gene single nucleotide polymorphisms and breast cancer. Anticancer Res. Jan-Feb 2007;27(1B):589-593.
97. Wang Y, Jacobs EJ, Teras LR, et al. Lack of evidence for effect modification by estrogen of association between body mass index and colorectal cancer risk among postmenopausal women. Cancer Causes Control. Oct 2007;18(8):793-799.
98. Thun MH, LM. Henley, SJ. Lung cancer risk after smoking cessation. In: IARC Handbooks of Cancer Prevention Vol. 11. Reversal of Risk: Health Benefits of Stopping Smoking. IARC, 2007.: IARC, 2007;2007.
99. Stevens VL, Patel AV, Feigelson HS, Rodriguez C, Thun MJ, Calle EE. Cryopreservation of whole blood samples collected in the field for a large epidemiologic study. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Oct 2007;16(10):2160-2163.
100. Stevens VL, McCullough ML, Pavluck AL, et al. Association of polymorphisms in one-carbon metabolism genes and postmenopausal breast cancer incidence. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Jun 2007;16(6):1140-1147.
101. Setiawan VW, Schumacher FR, Haiman CA, et al. CYP17 genetic variation and risk of breast and prostate cancer from the National Cancer Institute Breast and Prostate Cancer Cohort Consortium (BPC3). Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Nov 2007;16(11):2237-2246.
102. Sedjo RL, Byers T, Barrera E, Jr., et al. A midpoint assessment of the American Cancer Society challenge goal to decrease cancer incidence by 25% between 1992 and 2015. CA Cancer J Clin. Nov-Dec 2007;57(6):326-340.
103. Schumacher FR, Feigelson HS, Cox DG, et al. A common 8q24 variant in prostate and breast cancer from a large nested case-control study. Cancer Res. Apr 1 2007;67(7):2951-2956.
104. Samet JM, Thun MJ, de Gonzalez AB. Models of smoking and lung cancer risk: a means to an end. Epidemiology. Sep 2007;18(5):649-651.
105. McCullough ML, Stevens VL, Diver WR, et al. Vitamin D pathway gene polymorphisms, diet, and risk of postmenopausal breast cancer: a nested case-control study. Breast Cancer Res. 2007;9(1):R9.
106. McCullough ML. Vitamin D deficiency in pregnancy: bringing the issues to light. J Nutr. Feb 2007;137(2):305-306.
107. Hunter DJ, Kraft P, Jacobs KB, et al. A genome-wide association study identifies alleles in FGFR2 associated with risk of sporadic postmenopausal breast cancer. Nat Genet. Jul 2007;39(7):870-874.
108. Hong CC, Ambrosone CB, Ahn J, et al. Genetic variability in iron-related oxidative stress pathways (Nrf2, NQ01, NOS3, and HO-1), iron intake, and risk of postmenopausal breast cancer. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Sep 2007;16(9):1784-1794.
109. Haiman CA, Dossus L, Setiawan VW, et al. Genetic variation at the CYP19A1 locus predicts circulating estrogen levels but not breast cancer risk in postmenopausal women. Cancer Res. Mar 1 2007;67(5):1893-1897.
110. Gazdar AF, Thun MJ. Lung cancer, smoke exposure, and sex. J Clin Oncol. Feb 10 2007;25(5):469-471.
111. Fung TT, McCullough M, van Dam RM, Hu FB. A prospective study of overall diet quality and risk of type 2 diabetes in women. Diabetes Care. Jul 2007;30(7):1753-1757.
112. Fogli-Cawley JJ, Dwyer JT, Saltzman E, et al. The 2005 Dietary Guidelines for Americans and insulin resistance in the Framingham Offspring Cohort. Diabetes Care. Apr 2007;30(4):817-822.
113. Fogli-Cawley JJ, Dwyer JT, Saltzman E, et al. The 2005 Dietary Guidelines for Americans and risk of the metabolic syndrome. Am J Clin Nutr. Oct 2007;86(4):1193-1201.
114. Feigelson HS, Rodriguez C, Welch R, et al. Successful genome-wide scan in paired blood and buccal samples. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. May 2007;16(5):1023-1025.
115. Chen YC, Kraft P, Bretsky P, et al. Sequence variants of estrogen receptor beta and risk of prostate cancer in the National Cancer Institute Breast and Prostate Cancer Cohort Consortium. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Oct 2007;16(10):1973-1981.
116. Chen J, Rodriguez C. Conditional likelihood methods for haplotype-based association analysis using matched case-control data. Biometrics. Dec 2007;63(4):1099-1107.
117. Calle EE. Obesity and cancer. BMJ. Dec 1 2007;335(7630):1107-1108.
118. Calle E. Adipose and Cancer. . In: Fantuzzi GM, T., ed. Nutrition and Health: Adipose Tissue and Adipokines in Health and Disease. Totowa, NJ: Humana Press; 2007:307-326.
119. Banez LL, Hamilton RJ, Partin AW, et al. Obesity-related plasma hemodilution and PSA concentration among men with prostate cancer. JAMA. Nov 21 2007;298(19):2275-2280.
120. Bandera EV, Kushi LH, Moore DF, Gifkins DM, McCullough ML. Dietary lipids and endometrial cancer: the current epidemiologic evidence. Cancer Causes Control. Sep 2007;18(7):687-703.
121. Bandera EV, Kushi LH, Moore DF, Gifkins DM, McCullough ML. Fruits and vegetables and endometrial cancer risk: a systematic literature review and meta-analysis. Nutr Cancer. 2007;58(1):6-21.
122. Bandera EV, Kushi LH, Moore DF, Gifkins DM, McCullough ML. Consumption of animal foods and endometrial cancer risk: a systematic literature review and meta-analysis. Cancer Causes Control. Nov 2007;18(9):967-988.
123. Bandera EV, Kushi LH, Moore DF, Gifkins DM, McCullough ML. Association between dietary fiber and endometrial cancer: a dose-response meta-analysis. Am J Clin Nutr. Dec 2007;86(6):1730-1737.
124. Thun MH, SJ. Glynn, TJ. Response to Ross G eLetter regarding "Pharmacotherapy for nicotine dependence." (letter) CA Cancer J Clin. 2006
125. Thun MJ, AM. . Cancer Epidemiology. . In: Kufe DB, RC. Hait, WN., ed. Cancer Medicine (7th ed). London: BC Decker Inc; 2006:339-353.
126. Thun MH, SJ. Tobacco and Cancer.: Oxford: Oxford University Press; 2006.
127. Thun M. Tobacco use and cancer: an epidemiologic perspective. . In: Cho CP, V., ed. Alcohol, Tobacco, and Cancer: Basel, Karger; 2006.
128. Stevens VL, Rodriguez C, Pavluck AL, Thun MJ, Calle EE. Association of polymorphisms in the paraoxonase 1 gene with breast cancer incidence in the CPS-II Nutrition Cohort. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Jun 2006;15(6):1226-1228.
129. Small CM, Manatunga AK, Klein M, et al. Menstrual cycle characteristics: associations with fertility and spontaneous abortion. Epidemiology. Jan 2006;17(1):52-60.
130. Ribes J, Cleries R, Rubio A, et al. Cofactors associated with liver disease mortality in an HBsAg-positive Mediterranean cohort: 20 years of follow-up. Int J Cancer. Aug 1 2006;119(3):687-694.
131. Peto RL, AD. Boreham, J. Thun, MJ. Mortality from smoking in developed countries 1950-2000, 2nd ed. . Geneva, Switzerland: International Union Against Cancer (UICC); 2006.
132. Patel AB, L. Physical activity and cancer incidence: breast cancer. . In: McTiernan A, ed. Cancer Prevention and Management through Exercise and Weight Control. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press; 2006:49-74.
133. McCullough ML, Willett WC. Evaluating adherence to recommended diets in adults: the Alternate Healthy Eating Index. Public Health Nutr. Feb 2006;9(1A):152-157.
134. McCullough ML, Chevaux K, Jackson L, et al. Hypertension, the Kuna, and the epidemiology of flavanols. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2006;47 Suppl 2:S103-109; discussion 119-121.
135. Kushi LH, Byers T, Doyle C, et al. American Cancer Society Guidelines on Nutrition and Physical Activity for cancer prevention: reducing the risk of cancer with healthy food choices and physical activity. CA Cancer J Clin. Sep-Oct 2006;56(5):254-281; quiz 313-254.
136. Jacobs EJ, Feigelson HS, Bain EB, et al. Polymorphisms in the vascular endothelial growth factor gene and breast cancer in the Cancer Prevention Study II cohort. Breast Cancer Res. 2006;8(2):R22.
137. Gill JK, Press MF, Patel AV, Bernstein L. Oral contraceptive use and risk of breast carcinoma in situ (United States). Cancer Causes Control. Nov 2006;17(9):1155-1162.
138. Genkinger JM, Hunter DJ, Spiegelman D, et al. Dairy products and ovarian cancer: a pooled analysis of 12 cohort studies. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Feb 2006;15(2):364-372.
139. Gansler TS, K. Henley, SJ. Author reply re: Sociodemographic determinants of cancer treatment health literacy. (letter). . Cancer. 2006;3(106):727.
140. Fung TT, Hu FB, McCullough ML, Newby PK, Willett WC, Holmes MD. Diet quality is associated with the risk of estrogen receptor-negative breast cancer in postmenopausal women. J Nutr. Feb 2006;136(2):466-472.
141. Fogli-Cawley JJ, Dwyer JT, Saltzman E, McCullough ML, Troy LM, Jacques PF. The 2005 Dietary Guidelines for Americans Adherence Index: development and application. J Nutr. Nov 2006;136(11):2908-2915.
142. Feigelson HS, Patel AV, Diver WR, Stevens VL, Thun MJ, Calle EE. Transforming growth factor beta receptor type I and transforming growth factor beta1 polymorphisms are not associated with postmenopausal breast cancer. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Jun 2006;15(6):1236-1237.
143. Feigelson HS, Cox DG, Cann HM, et al. Haplotype analysis of the HSD17B1 gene and risk of breast cancer: a comprehensive approach to multicenter analyses of prospective cohort studies. Cancer Res. Feb 15 2006;66(4):2468-2475.
144. Cox DG, Blanche H, Pearce CL, et al. A comprehensive analysis of the androgen receptor gene and risk of breast cancer: results from the National Cancer Institute Breast and Prostate Cancer Cohort Consortium (BPC3). Breast Cancer Res. 2006;8(5):R54.
145. Chiuve SE, McCullough ML, Sacks FM, Rimm EB. Healthy lifestyle factors in the primary prevention of coronary heart disease among men: benefits among users and nonusers of lipid-lowering and antihypertensive medications. Circulation. Jul 11 2006;114(2):160-167.
146. Chapman KR, Mannino DM, Soriano JB, et al. Epidemiology and costs of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Eur Respir J. Jan 2006;27(1):188-207.
147. Byers T, Barrera E, Fontham ET, et al. A midpoint assessment of the American Cancer Society challenge goal to halve the U.S. cancer mortality rates between the years 1990 and 2015. Cancer. Jul 15 2006;107(2):396-405.
148. Ambrosone CB, Rebbeck TR, Morgan GJ, et al. New developments in the epidemiology of cancer prognosis: traditional and molecular predictors of treatment response and survival. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Nov 2006;15(11):2042-2046.
149. Asbestos: Selected Cancers Washington, DC: Institute of Medicine Committee on Asbestos: Selected Health Effects (Thun, MJ, Member);2006.
150. Webb AL, McCullough ML. Dietary lignans: potential role in cancer prevention. Nutr Cancer. 2005;51(2):117-131.
151. Thun MJ. When truth is unwelcome: the first reports on smoking and lung cancer. Bull World Health Organ. Feb 2005;83(2):144-145.
152. Thun M. The Epidemiology of Cancer. 2005.
153. Small CM, Marcus M, Sherman SL, Sullivan AK, Manatunga AK, Feigelson HS. CYP17 genotype predicts serum hormone levels among pre-menopausal women. Hum Reprod. Aug 2005;20(8):2162-2167.
154. Setiawan VF, HS. Henderson, BE. Epidemiology and risk factors: An update. . In: Bonadonna GH, I. Valagussa, P., ed. Textbook of Breast Cancer: A clinical Guide to Therapy. 3rd edition. London: Taylor and Francis LTD; 2005:1-5.
155. Patel AV, Calle EE, Pavluck AL, Feigelson HS, Thun MJ, Rodriguez C. A prospective study of XRCC1 (X-ray cross-complementing group 1) polymorphisms and breast cancer risk. Breast Cancer Res. 2005;7(6):R1168-1173.
156. Park Y, Hunter DJ, Spiegelman D, et al. Dietary fiber intake and risk of colorectal cancer: a pooled analysis of prospective cohort studies. JAMA. Dec 14 2005;294(22):2849-2857.
157. McKean-Cowdin R, Spencer Feigelson H, Xia LY, et al. BRCA1 variants in a family study of African-American and Latina women. Hum Genet. May 2005;116(6):497-506.
158. Kraft P, Pharoah P, Chanock SJ, et al. Genetic variation in the HSD17B1 gene and risk of prostate cancer. PLoS Genet. Nov 2005;1(5):e68.
159. Koushik A, Hunter DJ, Spiegelman D, et al. Fruits and vegetables and ovarian cancer risk in a pooled analysis of 12 cohort studies. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Sep 2005;14(9):2160-2167.
160. Jacobs EJ, Thun MJ. Low-dose aspirin and vitamin E: challenges and opportunities in cancer prevention. JAMA. Jul 6 2005;294(1):105-106.
161. Hunter DJ, Riboli E, Haiman CA, et al. A candidate gene approach to searching for low-penetrance breast and prostate cancer genes. Nat Rev Cancer. Dec 2005;5(12):977-985.
162. Gansler T, Henley SJ, Stein K, Nehl EJ, Smigal C, Slaughter E. Sociodemographic determinants of cancer treatment health literacy. Cancer. Aug 1 2005;104(3):653-660.
163. Fung TT, McCullough ML, Newby PK, et al. Diet-quality scores and plasma concentrations of markers of inflammation and endothelial dysfunction. Am J Clin Nutr. Jul 2005;82(1):163-173.
164. Feigelson HM-C, R. . Hormones and Cancer. . In: P S, ed. Methods for Cancer Risk Assessment. . Boca Raton, FL: Marcel Dekker; 2005:405-436.
165. Bernstein L, Patel AV, Ursin G, et al. Lifetime recreational exercise activity and breast cancer risk among black women and white women. J Natl Cancer Inst. Nov 16 2005;97(22):1671-1679.
166. Vineis P, Alavanja M, Buffler P, et al. Tobacco and cancer: recent epidemiological evidence. J Natl Cancer Inst. Jan 21 2004;96(2):99-106.
167. Thun MJ, Sinks T. Understanding cancer clusters. CA Cancer J Clin. Sep-Oct 2004;54(5):273-280.
168. Thun MJ, Henley SJ, Gansler T. Inflammation and cancer: an epidemiological perspective. Novartis Found Symp. 2004;256:6-21; discussion 22-28, 49-52, 266-269.
169. Thun MH, SJ. The great studies of smoking and disease in the twentieth century. . In: Boyle P GN, Henningfield J, Seffrin J, Zatonski W,, ed. Tobacco and Public Health: Science and Policy. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 2004:17-36.
170. Thun MH, SJ. . Cyclooxygenase Inhibitors. . In: DeVita VH, S. Rosenberg, SA., ed. Cancer: Principles and Practice of Oncology. 7th edition. . Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2004:541-549.
171. Thun MH, SJ. Cigar and/or Pipe smoking and cancer. In: IARC Monographs on The Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans: Monograph 83: Tobacco Smoke and Involuntary Smoking. Lyon: International Agency for Research on Cancer 2004.
172. Thun MC, A. Henley, SJ. Active smoking and cancers of the oral cavity and pharynx, esophagus, stomach, colon, and rectum. In: The Health Consequences of Smoking: A Report of the Surgeon General. Atlanta, Georgia: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health. Atlanta2004.
173. Moeller SM, Taylor A, Tucker KL, et al. Overall adherence to the dietary guidelines for americans is associated with reduced prevalence of early age-related nuclear lens opacities in women. J Nutr. Jul 2004;134(7):1812-1819.
174. Meeske K, Press M, Patel A, Bernstein L. Impact of reproductive factors and lactation on breast carcinoma in situ risk. Int J Cancer. May 20 2004;110(1):102-109.
175. McCullough ML, Giovannucci EL. Diet and cancer prevention. Oncogene. Aug 23 2004;23(38):6349-6364.
176. Hisamuddin IM, Wehbi MA, Chao A, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of human flavin monooxygenase 3 in sulindac-mediated primary chemoprevention of familial adenomatous polyposis. Clin Cancer Res. Dec 15 2004;10(24):8357-8362.
177. He M, Openo K, McCullough M, Jones DP. Total equivalent of reactive chemicals in 142 human food items is highly variable within and between major food groups. J Nutr. May 2004;134(5):1114-1119.
178. Feigelson HS, Rodriguez C, Jacobs EJ, Diver WR, Thun MJ, Calle EE. No association between the progesterone receptor gene +331G/A polymorphism and breast cancer. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Jun 2004;13(6):1084-1085.
179. Eyre HK, R. Robertson, RM. Clark, NG. Doyle, C. Hong, Y. Gansler, T. Glynn, T. Smith, RA. Taubert, K. Thun,MJ. . Preventing cancer, cardiovascular disease, and diabetes: A common agenda for the American Cancer Society, the American Heart Association, and the American Diabetes Association. . CA Cancer J Clin 2004;54:190-207.
180. Calle EE, Thun MJ. Obesity and cancer. Oncogene. Aug 23 2004;23(38):6365-6378.
181. Calle EE, Kaaks R. Overweight, obesity and cancer: epidemiological evidence and proposed mechanisms. Nat Rev Cancer. Aug 2004;4(8):579-591.
182. Bergmann MM, Jacobs EJ, Hoffmann K, Boeing H. Agreement of self-reported medical history: comparison of an in-person interview with a self-administered questionnaire. Eur J Epidemiol. 2004;19(5):411-416.
183. Bain C, Feskanich D, Speizer FE, et al. Lung cancer rates in men and women with comparable histories of smoking. J Natl Cancer Inst. Jun 2 2004;96(11):826-834.
184. Thun MJ, AJ. . Cancer Epidemiology. . In: RR. KDPRW, ed. Cancer Medicine (6th ed). London: BC Decker Inc; 2003:367-381.
185. Thun MJ. NSAIDs and esophageal cancer: ready for trials but not yet broad clinical application. Gastroenterology. Jan 2003;124(1):246-248.
186. Patel AV, Press MF, Meeske K, Calle EE, Bernstein L. Lifetime recreational exercise activity and risk of breast carcinoma in situ. Cancer. Nov 15 2003;98(10):2161-2169.
187. McCullough MW, WC. . Reply to JE Lincoln (Letter). Am J Clin Nutr 2003;78:349-335.
188. Feigelson H. Breast Cancer: Epidemiology and molecular endocrinology. . In: Henderson BP, B. Ross, RK., ed. Hormones, Genes, and Cancer. New York, NY: Oxford University Press; 2003:120-138.
189. Cokkinides VE, Chao A, Smith RA, Vernon SW, Thun MJ. Correlates of underutilization of colorectal cancer screening among U.S. adults, age 50 years and older. Prev Med. Jan 2003;36(1):85-91.
190. Chao AT, MJ. Henley, SJ. Smoking and colorectal cancer. In: Exogenous Factors in Colonic Carcinogenesis - Falk Symposium No. 128. Paper presented at: Falk Symposium No. 1282003; Lancaster.
191. Thun MJ, Henley SJ, Patrono C. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs as anticancer agents: mechanistic, pharmacologic, and clinical issues. J Natl Cancer Inst. Feb 20 2002;94(4):252-266.
192. Thun MJ, Henley SJ, Calle EE. Tobacco use and cancer: an epidemiologic perspective for geneticists. Oncogene. Oct 21 2002;21(48):7307-7325.
193. Thun MH, SJ. . Epidemiology of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and colorectal cancer. In: Harris R, ed. Cox-2 Blockade in Cancer Prevention and Therapy. Totowa, NJ: Humana Press, Inc. ; 2002:35-56.
194. Rodriguez C, Calle EE. Postmenopausal hormone replacement, body mass index, and quality of life. JAMA. May 1 2002;287(17):2210-2211; author reply 2211.
195. Pike MC, Kolonel LN, Henderson BE, et al. Breast cancer in a multiethnic cohort in Hawaii and Los Angeles: risk factor-adjusted incidence in Japanese equals and in Hawaiians exceeds that in whites. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Sep 2002;11(9):795-800.
196. McCullough ML, Stampfer MJ. The Dietary Guidelines for Americans and cancer risk in women: still a long way to go. Am J Clin Nutr. Oct 2002;76(4):701-702.
197. McCullough ML, Feskanich D, Stampfer MJ, et al. Diet quality and major chronic disease risk in men and women: moving toward improved dietary guidance. Am J Clin Nutr. Dec 2002;76(6):1261-1271.
198. Korte JE, Brennan P, Henley SJ, Boffetta P. Dose-specific meta-analysis and sensitivity analysis of the relation between alcohol consumption and lung cancer risk. Am J Epidemiol. Mar 15 2002;155(6):496-506.
199. Feigelson HS, McKean-Cowdin R, Henderson BE. Concerning the CYP17 MspA1 polymorphism and breast cancer risk: a meta-analysis. Mutagenesis. Sep 2002;17(5):445-446; author reply 447-448.
200. Calle EE, Frumkin H, Henley SJ, Savitz DA, Thun MJ. Organochlorines and breast cancer risk. CA Cancer J Clin. Sep-Oct 2002;52(5):301-309.
201. Byers T, Nestle M, McTiernan A, et al. American Cancer Society guidelines on nutrition and physical activity for cancer prevention: Reducing the risk of cancer with healthy food choices and physical activity. CA Cancer J Clin. Mar-Apr 2002;52(2):92-119.
202. Thun MJ, Burns DM. Health impact of "reduced yield" cigarettes: a critical assessment of the epidemiological evidence. Tob Control. 2001;10 Suppl 1:i4-11.
203. Thun MH, CH. . Aspirin and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and the risk of cancer development. In: DeVita VH, S. Rosenberg, SA., ed. Cancer: Principles and Practice of Oncology. 6th edition. . Philadelphia: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins. ; 2001:601-610.
204. Thun MH, SJ. Miracle-McMahill, HL. Health Consequences of Tobacco Use: Total Mortality. In: Women and Smoking: A Report of the Surgeon General - 2001. Atlanta: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health. Atlanta2001.
205. McKean-Cowdin R, Feigelson HS, Pike MC, Coetzee GA, Kolonel LN, Henderson BE. Risk of endometrial cancer and estrogen replacement therapy history by CYP17 genotype. Cancer Res. Feb 1 2001;61(3):848-849.
206. Mannino DM, Ford E, Giovino GA, Thun M. Lung cancer mortality rates in birth cohorts in the United States from 1960 to 1994. Lung Cancer. Feb-Mar 2001;31(2-3):91-99.
207. Frumkin H, Thun MJ. Diesel exhaust. CA Cancer J Clin. May-Jun 2001;51(3):193-198.
208. Frumkin H, Thun MJ. Arsenic. CA Cancer J Clin. Jul-Aug 2001;51(4):254-262.
209. Frumkin H, Jacobson A, Gansler T, Thun MJ. Cellular phones and risk of brain tumors. CA Cancer J Clin. Mar-Apr 2001;51(2):137-141.
210. Feigelson HS, Rodriguez C, Robertson AS, et al. Determinants of DNA yield and quality from buccal cell samples collected with mouthwash. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Sep 2001;10(9):1005-1008.
211. Feigelson HS, McKean-Cowdin R, Coetzee GA, Stram DO, Kolonel LN, Henderson BE. Building a multigenic model of breast cancer susceptibility: CYP17 and HSD17B1 are two important candidates. Cancer Res. Jan 15 2001;61(2):785-789.
212. Burns DM, JM. Shanks, TG. Thun, MJ. Samet, JM. Smoking lower yield cigarettes and disease risks. In: National Cancer Institute. Risks Associated with Smoking Cigarettes with Low Machine-Measured Yields of Tar and Nicotine. Smoking and Tobacco Control Monograph No. 13. Bethesda, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute, NIH Pub. No. 02-50742001:1201-1205.
213. Wingo PA, Guest JL, McGinnis L, et al. Patterns of inpatient surgeries for the top four cancers in the United States, National Hospital Discharge Survey, 1988-95. Cancer Causes Control. Jul 2000;11(6):497-512.
214. Thun MYDEM. Introduction. . In: Corrao MA GG, Sharma N, Shokoohi DF (eds). , ed. Tobacco Control Country Profiles. Atlanta, GA, : American Cancer Society, ; 2000:5-6.
215. Thun MW, PA. . Cancer Epidemiology. . In: Bast RC KD, Pollack RE, Weichselbaum RR, Holland JF, Frei E, eds. , ed. Cancer Medicine. 5th ed. Hamilton, Ontario: B.C. Decker, Inc.; 2000:283-297.
216. Thun MJ, Glynn TJ. Health consequences of eclipse cigarettes. JAMA. Dec 20 2000;284(23):2995-2996.
217. Thun MJ. Beyond willow bark: aspirin in the prevention of chronic disease. Epidemiology. Jul 2000;11(4):371-374.
218. Thun MH, SJ. Rosenthal, A. . What influences the relationship between alcohol consumption and total mortality? . In: Paoletti RK, AL. Poli, A. Zakhari, S., ed. Moderate Alcohol Consumption and Cardiovascular Disease. . Dordrecht, The Netherlands:: Kluwer Academic Publishers; 2000.
219. Thun M, Glynn TJ. Improving the treatment of tobacco dependence. BMJ. Aug 5 2000;321(7257):311-312.
220. McCullough ML, Feskanich D, Stampfer MJ, et al. Adherence to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and risk of major chronic disease in women. Am J Clin Nutr. Nov 2000;72(5):1214-1222.
221. McCullough ML, Feskanich D, Rimm EB, et al. Adherence to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and risk of major chronic disease in men. Am J Clin Nutr. Nov 2000;72(5):1223-1231.
222. Malarcher AM, Schulman J, Epstein LA, et al. Methodological issues in estimating smoking-attributable mortality in the United States. Am J Epidemiol. Sep 15 2000;152(6):573-584.
223. Frumkin HT, MJ. . Carcinogens. In: BS Levy DWEte, ed. Occupational Health: Recognizing and Preventing Work-Related Disease. Philadelphia: Lippincott; 2000:335-353.
224. Chao A, Gilliland F, Willman C, et al. Patient and tumor characteristics of colon cancers with microsatellite instability: a population-based study. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Jun 2000;9(6):539-544.
225. Calle EE. Invited commentary: do anthropometric measures predict risk of prostate cancer? Am J Epidemiol. Mar 15 2000;151(6):550-553.
226. Baker F, Thun M, Crammer C, et al. Health risks of cigar smoking. JAMA. Nov 8 2000;284(18):2320-2321.
227. Baker F, Ainsworth SR, Dye JT, et al. Health risks associated with cigar smoking. JAMA. Aug 9 2000;284(6):735-740.
228. Wingo PG, JL. McGinnis, L. Miller, DS. Rodriguez, C. Cardinez, CJ. Morrow, B. Thun, MJ. . Patterns of inpatient surgeries for the top four cancers in the United States, National Hospital Discarge Survey, 1988-1995. . Am J Epidemiol Suppl 1999;149;S9 (Abstract). 1999;149(S9).
229. Thun M, Henley J, Apicella L. Epidemiologic studies of fatal and nonfatal cardiovascular disease and ETS exposure from spousal smoking. Environ Health Perspect. Dec 1999;107 Suppl 6:841-846.
230. Howard GTM. Why is environmental tobacco smoke more strongly associated with coronary heart disease than expected? A review of potential biases and experimental data. . Environ Health Perspect (Suppl.6). 1999;107 853-858.
231. Clinical Synthesis Panel on HRT (Calle EE m. Clinical Synthesis Conference: Hormone replacement therapy. . Lancet 1999;354:152-155.
232. Clinical Synthesis Panel on HRT (Calle EE m. Hormone replacement therapy: clinical synthesis panel on HRT. (Editorial) J Epidemiol Biostat 1999.
233. Calle ER, C. . Comments and questions: discussion on HRT and cancer risk. In proceedings of the Clinical Synthesis Meeting on hormone replacement therapy. . J Epidemiol Biostat. 1999;4:212-214.
234. Calle E. Breast Cancer and HRT: A careful look at the epidemiologic evidence. . Women's Health in Primary Care (Suppl) 1999;2:7-14.
235. Thun MJ, Colditz GA. Invited commentary on "early and late weight gain following smoking cessation in the Lung Health Study". Am J Epidemiol. Nov 1 1998;148(9):831-832.
236. Thun MJ. Mixed progress against lung cancer. Tob Control. Autumn 1998;7(3):223-226.
237. Mannino DM, Ford E, Giovino GA, Thun M. Lung cancer deaths in the United States from 1979 to 1992: an analysis using multiple-cause mortality data. Int J Epidemiol. Apr 1998;27(2):159-166.
238. Wingo PA, Newsome K, Marks JS, Calle EE, Parker SL. The risk of breast cancer following spontaneous or induced abortion. Cancer Causes Control. Jan 1997;8(1):93-108.
239. Ruggeri BA, Huang L, Berger D, et al. Molecular pathology of primary and metastatic ductal pancreatic lesions: analyses of mutations and expression of the p53, mdm-2, and p21/WAF-1 genes in sporadic and familial lesions. Cancer. Feb 15 1997;79(4):700-716.
240. Calle ET, MJ. . The epidemiology of the effects of estrogen and aspirin on colorectal cancer Menopausal Medicine. 1997;5:9-12.
241. Calle EE. Hormone replacement therapy and colorectal cancer: interpreting the evidence. Cancer Causes Control. Mar 1997;8(2):127-129.
242. Wingo PC, EE. . Cigarette smoking and breast cancer. Association for Reproductive Health Professionals, Clinical Proceedings, October 1996. October 1996 1996.
243. Thun MJ. NSAID use and decreased risk of gastrointestinal cancers. Gastroenterol Clin North Am. Jun 1996;25(2):333-348.
244. Martin LM, Calle EE, Wingo PA, Heath CW, Jr. Comparison of mammography and Pap test use from the 1987 and 1992 National Health Interview Surveys: are we closing the gaps? Am J Prev Med. Mar-Apr 1996;12(2):82-90.
245. Heath CW, Jr. Electromagnetic field exposure and cancer: a review of epidemiologic evidence. CA Cancer J Clin. Jan-Feb 1996;46(1):29-44.
246. Heath CW, Jr. Investigating causation in cancer clusters. Radiat Environ Biophys. Aug 1996;35(3):133-136.
247. Breast cancer and hormonal contraceptives: collaborative reanalysis of individual data on 53 297 women with breast cancer and 100 239 women without breast cancer from 54 epidemiological studies. Collaborative Group on Hormonal Factors in Breast Cancer. Lancet. Jun 22 1996;347(9017):1713-1727.
248. Heath CW, Jr., Thun MJ, Greenberg ER, Levin B, Marnett LJ. Nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs and human cancer. Report of an interdisciplinary research workshop. Cancer. Nov 15 1994;74(10):2885-2888.
249. Calle EE, Miracle-McMahill HL, Moss RE, Heath CW, Jr. Personal contact from friends to increase mammography usage. Am J Prev Med. Nov-Dec 1994;10(6):361-366.
250. Calle EE, Flanders WD, Thun MJ, Martin LM. Demographic predictors of mammography and Pap smear screening in US women. Am J Public Health. Jan 1993;83(1):53-60.
251. Garfinkel L. E. Cuyler Hammond, ScD (1912-1986). CA Cancer J Clin. Jan-Feb 1988;38(1):23-27.
(Revised: April 10, 2011)