International Tobacco Control Research Publications
- van Walbeek C, Blecher E, Gilmore A, Ross H. Price and tax measures and illicit trade in the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control: What we know and what research is required. Nicotine Tob Res. 2012 Sep 17. [Epub ahead of Print].
- Ross H, Stoklosa M. Development assistance for global tobacco control. Tob Control. 2012 Sep;21(5):465-70. Epub 2011 Jun 15.
- Levy D, Ross H, Kmetova A, Kralikova E, Stoklosa M, Blackman K. The Czech Republic SimSmoke: The effect of tobacco control policies on smoking prevalence and tobacco attributable deaths in the Czech Republic. ISRN Public Health. Volume 2012, doi:10.5402/2012/329721.
- Ross H, Stoklosa M, Krasovsky K. Economic and public health impact of 2007–2010 tobacco tax increases in Ukraine. Tobacco Control. July 1, 2012;21(4):429-435.
- John RM, Ross H, Blecher E. Tobacco expenditures and its implications for household resource allocation in Cambodia. Tobacco Control. 2012 May;21(3):341-346. Epub 2011 Aug 9.
- Kostova D, Blecher E. Does advertising matter? Estimating the impact of cigarette advertising on smoking among youth in developing countries. Contemporary Economic Policy. 2012.
- Eriksen M, Mackay J, Ross H, eds. Tobacco Atlas. 4 ed. Atlanta: American Cancer Society; 2012.
- Ross H, Stoklosa M, Krasovsky K. Economic and public health impact of 2007-2010 tobacco tax increases in Ukraine. Tob Control. Jun 14 2011.
- Ross H, Kralikova E. Smoking Damages Not Only Health, But Also the Economy (of the state as well as of the citizens) [Kouření škodí nejen zdraví, ale i ekonomice (státu i občanů)] Journal of the Czech Medical Chamber. 09 2011(20).
- Ross H, Joossens L, Chaloupka F. Tax Avoidance and Tax Evasion. In Effectiveness of Tax and Price Policies for Tobacco Control. Lyon: International Agency for Research on Cancer;2011.
- Ross H, Blecher E, Yan L, Hyland A. Do cigarette prices motivate smokers to quit? New evidence from the ITC survey. Addiction. Mar 2011;106(3):609-619.
- Ross H, Blecher E, Yan L, Cummings KM. Predictors of what smokers say they will do in response to future price increases. Findings from the International Tobacco Control (ITC) Four Country Survey. Nicotine Tob Res. Jun 2011;13(6):419-425.
- Liberman J, Blecher E, Carbajales AR, Burke F. Opportunities and risks of the proposed FCTC protocol on illicit trade. Tob Control. Nov 2011;20(6):436-438. Kostova D, Ross H, Blecher E, Markowitz S. Is youth smoking responsive to cigarette prices? Evidence from low- and middle-income countries. Tob Control. Nov 2011;20(6):419-424.
- John RM, Sung HY, Max WB, Ross H. Counting 15 million more poor in India, thanks to tobacco. Tob Control. Sep 2011;20(5):349-352.
- John RM, Ross H, Blecher E. Tobacco expenditures and its implications for household resource allocation in Cambodia. Tob Control. Aug 9 2011.
- Jemal A, Thun M, Yu XQ, et al. Changes in smoking prevalence among U.S. adults by state and region: Estimates from the Tobacco Use Supplement to the Current Population Survey, 1992-2007. BMC Public Health. 2011;11:512.
- Chaloupka FJ, Straif K, Leon ME. Effectiveness of tax and price policies in tobacco control. Tob Control. May 2011;20(3):235-238.
- Blecher E, Walbeek C. Tax, price and aggregate demand for tobacco products. Lyon: International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC);2011.
- Zaloshnja E, Ross H, Levy DT. The impact of tobacco control policies in Albania. Tob Control. Dec 2010;19(6):463-468.
- Kostova D, Ross H, Blecher E, Markowitz S. Prices and Cigarette Demand: Evidence from Youth Tobacco Use in Developing Countries. SSRN eLibrary. 2010.
- Joossens L, Merriman D, Ross H, Raw M. The impact of eliminating the global illicit cigarette trade on health and revenue. Addiction. Sep 2010;105(9):1640-1649.
- Glynn T, Seffrin JR, Brawley OW, Grey N, Ross H. The globalization of tobacco use: 21 challenges for the 21st century. CA Cancer J Clin. Jan-Feb 2010;60(1):50-61.
- Blecher E. A mountain or a molehill: is the illicit trade in cigarettes undermining tobacco control policy in South Africa? . Trends in Organized Crime. 2010;13(4):16.
- Blecher E. Commentary on Joossens et al. (2010): eliminating the global illicit cigarette trade - what do we really know? Addiction. Sep 2010;105(9):1650-1651.
- Blecher E. Targeting the affordability of cigarettes: a new benchmark for taxation policy in low-income and-middle-income countries. Tob Control. Aug 2010;19(4):325-330.
- Shafey O, Eriksen M, Ross H, Mackay J, eds. Tobacco Atlas. 3 ed. Atlanta: American Cancer Society; 2009. Tobacco Atlas.
- Ross H, Shariff S, Gilmore A. Economics of Tobacco Taxation in Russia: Bloomberg Initiative to Reduce Tobacco Use;2009.
- Ross H, Shariff S, Gilmore A. Economics of Tobacco Taxation in Ukraine: Bloomberg Initiative to Reduce Tobacco Use;2009.
- Ross H, Driezen P, Sirirassamee B, Kin F. Cigarette purchasing behaviour in Thailand and Malaysia: comparative analysis of a semi-monopolistic and a free-market
- structure. Glob Public Health. 2009;4(6):588-599. Peng L, Ross H. The impact of cigarette taxes and advertising on the demand for cigarettes in Ukraine. Cent Eur J Public Health. Jun 2009;17(2):93-98.
- Joossens L, Ross H, Townsend J, eds. The Advocacy Toolkit on EU Excise Duty on Manufactured Tobacco Products: Smokefree Partnership; 2009.
- Joossens L, Merriman D, Ross H, Raw M. How eliminating the global illicit cigarette trade would increase tax revenue and save lives: Paris: International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease;2009.
- Blecher EH, van Walbeek CP. Cigarette affordability trends: an update and some methodological comments. Tob Control. Jun 2009;18(3):167-175.
- Young D, Yong HH, Borland R, et al. Prevalence and correlates of roll-your-own smoking in Thailand and Malaysia: Findings of the ITC-South East Asia Survey. Nicotine Tob Res. May 2008;10(5):907-915.
- Ross H, Zaloshnja E, Levy DT, Tole D. Results from the Albanian Adult Tobacco Survey. Cent Eur J Public Health. Dec 2008;16(4):182-188.
- Levy DT, Ross H, Zaloshnja E, Shuperka R, Rusta M. The role of tobacco control policies in reducing smoking and deaths caused by smoking in an Eastern European nation: results from the Albania SimSmoke simulation model. Cent Eur J Public Health. Dec 2008;16(4):189-198.
- Levy DT, Benjakul S, Ross H, Ritthiphakdee B. The role of tobacco control policies in reducing smoking and deaths in a middle income nation: results from the Thailand SimSmoke simulation model. Tob Control. Feb 2008;17(1):53-59.
- Blecher E. The impact of tobacco advertising bans on consumption in developing countries: ERSA; 2008.
- Blecher E. The impact of tobacco advertising bans on consumption in developing countries. J Health Econ. Jul 2008;27(4):930-942.
- Ross H, Trung DV, Phu VX. The costs of smoking in Vietnam: the case of inpatient care. Tob Control. Dec 2007;16(6):405-409.
- Ross H, Havelkova J. Ekonomika a kouřeni” (The Economic Impact of Tobacco Consumption and the Possibilities of Its Reduction). Zdravotnictvi v Ceske Republice
- (Health Care in the Czech Republic). 2007.
- Ross H, Al-Sadat NA. Demand analysis of tobacco consumption in Malaysia. Nicotine Tob Res. Nov 2007;9(11):1163-1169.
- Ross H, Powell LM, Bauer JE, Levy DT, Peck RM, Lee HR. Community-based youth tobacco control interventions: cost effectiveness of the Full Court Press project. Appl Health Econ Health Policy. 2006;5(3):167-176.
- Ross H, Chaloupka F. Economic policies for tobacco control in developing countries. Salud Publica de Mexico. 2006;48(3):8.
- Kinh HV, Ross H, Levy DT, Minh NT, Ngoc VT. The effect of imposing a higher, uniform tobacco tax in Vietnam. Health Research Policy and Systems. 2006;4(6).
- Hyland A, Laux F, Higbee C, et al. Cigarette purchase patterns in four countries and the relationsip with cessation: findings from the International Tobacco Control (ITC) Four Country Survey. Tobacco Control. 2006;15.