Helping Children When A Family Member Has Cancer: Dealing With Diagnosis
Families with young children or teens may be concerned about how children will react to a diagnosis of cancer in a family member. Here we discuss how to help children understand and deal with a parent or close family member's cancer diagnosis. Click on the topics below to get started.
- Helping Children When a Family Member Has Cancer: Dealing With Diagnosis
- How should children be told that a parent has cancer?
- Should I expect my child to be upset?
- Are there certain responses I should expect?
- What if my child asks if I’m going to die?
- How can I reassure my child that everything will be fine?
- How will I know if my child needs extra help?
- Words to describe cancer and its treatment
- To learn more