Children Diagnosed With Cancer: Dealing With Diagnosis
Here we offer information to help parents and loved ones of a child with cancer know about and cope with some of the problems that come up just after the child is diagnosed. We discuss common emotional responses to the cancer in both parents and children and share some ideas for coping.
- Children Diagnosed With Cancer: Dealing With Diagnosis
- When a child has cancer, it’s a crisis for the whole family.
- How do parents usually react to a child’s cancer diagnosis?
- Ways to improve coping
- How can parents be sure their child gets the best treatment?
- What if parents want a second opinion?
- How do children with cancer and their siblings react to a cancer diagnosis?
- What helps kids with cancer and their brothers and sisters?
- Keeping up with schoolwork during a child’s illness
- Will the child and family ever return to normal after a cancer diagnosis?
- To learn more