Children Diagnosed With Cancer: Financial and Insurance Issues
If your child has been diagnosed with cancer, the last thing you want to think about is money. But families are usually forced to think about this issue sooner rather than later. Here we'll answer some of the most common questions about insurance and financial concerns. Click on the topics below to get started.
- Children Diagnosed With Cancer: Financial and Insurance Issues
- Insurance is complicated
- Private health plan coverage for children
- How to manage your child’s health insurance
- Getting answers to insurance-related questions
- Keeping records of your child’s insurance and medical costs
- Handling a health insurance claim denial
- Keeping employer-sponsored health insurance coverage when you leave your job
- What if my child’s medical care is covered by more than one insurance company?
- Government-funded health plans
- Who regulates insurance plans?
- Options for uninsured children
- State coverage and health insurance options for the hard to insure
- What sources are available to help with treatment costs if my child doesn’t have insurance and there’s no public assistance available?
- Financial issues for families: Getting help with living expenses
- To learn more