Children Diagnosed With Cancer: Understanding the Health Care System
When a young person is diagnosed and treated for cancer, both the patient and the family enter the strange, complex, and sometimes frightening world of modern medicine. Here we provide tips to help patients and families begin to understand and cope with the health care system. Click on the topics below to get started.
- Children Diagnosed With Cancer: What to Expect From the Health Care System
- What is comprehensive health care?
- Who are the members of the comprehensive health care team?
- Talking with the health care team
- Using psychosocial support services
- Programs in communities and medical centers
- Medical records
- To learn more