An advance health care directive is a kind of legal document that tells your doctor your wishes about your health care. Here we review general information about different advance health care directives, like health care power of attorney, living wills, do-not-resuscitate, and other agreements like these. Click on the topics below to get started.
- Why do we need advance directives?
- What is an advance directive?
- Types of advance directives
- Advance directive formats
- The Patient Self-Determination Act (PSDA)
- Frequently asked questions
- How to set up an advance directive so that it works when you need it
- To learn more