The Kidney Cancer Association is a nonprofit voluntary health organization working to improve care and increase survival of kidney cancer patients worldwide; its mission is a world without kidney cancer. The Kidney Cancer Association educates patients and physicians, collaborates and funds research in renal cancer, and advocates at the Federal level on issues of importance to patients and physicians.
• Information, education, and physician locator service
• Nurse Hotline--available 24 hours/7 days a week (leave message if reach voice mail)
• ‘Ask the Doctor’ -- online and telephone chats
• A medically monitored on-line message board for kidney cancer patients and families at http://www.KCAList.org
• Local, regional and national educational meetings for patients and their families
• “Kidney Cancer News” - a monthly e-newsletter
• Grass roots advocacy training and activities
Key elements of the Web site are also accessible in French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.